How Do You Spend Your Time When You Are Homebound

mrach

I go through periods of being homebound. Fortunately I've been able to continue reading, so I spend most of my time with my nose in a book. I also play with my cat, watch lots of TV and movies, email friends, and update my blog. Overall I manage to keep pretty busy, although sometimes I still feel like my brain's melting out of my skull! :)

I hope that if you are homebound that it's not for long!

-Lauren

When we bought this house the very back wall was rotting out of the utility room. The house is made of rock but during the 1970's someone had added on the utility room; now the rain had run down the back wall and eventually rotted it out and the window was falling out.

One morning, about a month after we moved in - I heard a pounding outside. I woke Hubby up and we investigated.... it was 3 people from church - they came to REPLACE the back wall! They completely tore out the entire wall and built a new one - complete with a 5 ft X 5 ft double-pane window! It is now not just a utility room - thye hung my birdfeeders from a tree there and I have since added a birdhouse - I have a couch and a recliner and a TV, plus my laptop lives there. I hang out in there, it is easy to do laundry (I got a stacked unit so I don't have to bend over to get to the clothes dryer) and I have a place of my own.

So, I take pictures - through the window! Many of them are on the Chit-Chat side of this site. I watch TV. Some days I can't see well enough to do the computer or read. But I write when I can.

I am working on a second book, and Hubby and I are working on a book about his plane crash and the aftermath.

Hi,

I'm unable to read due to dizziness and listen to a lot of audiobooks (so glad someone recommended these to me!), other than that I watch lots of tv, and do the blockbuster thing where they mail you dvd's- and I also take out movies from the library when I find I have more time. On my better days I crochet a little and I spend lots of time on the phone.

...but I'm still insanely bored as I'm someone who never used to sit still.

I do Netflix, which is where you can order movies online and they send them to your house...I find that it's easier to drop into the mail box then driving to the movie store to return them, esp on days where I won't be leaving my house due to symptoms.

I know Blockbuster does something similiar (movies by mail)...

Other than that when my eyes aren't too bad I read alot..do some jigsaw puzzles, etc.

i like about everything!!!

we had a great topic some time ago, i think that's the one ernie put up the link of. i like making cards, making bracelets (have to start on it but i can hardly wait until i'm well enough t choose myself the beads and other materials!), i have been painting, drawing, i listen to music, i'm starting books on cd's now (as i love reading but i often can't). my recliner is in front of the backyard's window so i can watch the birds outsite (gayla! now i know how you make those lovely photos!!!) and i can sit/sleep in the sun. i love to write emails, play games with my sons and to go out whenever i can. reading all this: i think i love to live!!!

corina :)

sleeping!.. on good moment i try to listen to the radio.. or tv.... one more functional days.. i crochet or talk on the phone /get on computer...

but ernie posted a very good link on a topic we had a while back on beating bordum.. you find some neat idea's floating around in there..

best wishes to you

I struggle everyday with the boredom; I think being housebound is more frustrating than the constant symptoms.....which of course I wouldn't be housebound if I didn't have the symptoms! Anyways, I also read rotating fiction with non-fiction ( love to learn anything!), I clean, play with my dog Sara alot, :D and I have put in a bird garden near my birdfeeder and bath. We got pretty new outdoor furniture including a sofa to put on the screened in porch which is next to the "bird" area. I can look at the garden and watch the birds for a long time. I appreciate many forms of art and am trying to find something in this area I could create as I am not talented!

Sometimes, I just take on a small project and then slowly work at it ie. buying fabric for some pillows and finding a style I like. By the way, love HGTV network!

Guest dionna

tv, movies, eating, taking lots of bathes and showers, internet, playing with my hair--- it is hard to manage, i have my cat that loves attention, and i have my man to talk to or text or just lay next to when i get to see him. if i am atleast able to just go outside when it is cool i will sit on the dock and fish. that is my life. that is all i do. it is rare for me to ever go to town and when i do it is just to the grocery store--- in my chair.

dionna :)