lost my kitty

:rolleyes: my kitty had to go to heaven yesterday. she was only ten months old and we had been struggling with asthma and all kinds of things. she was actually on more meds than me. but we just couldn't get her well. i am so sad. we lost our dog less than a month ago and now i have no companions here with me during the day. my body is so sick and frazzled i can hardly stand it. i can barely get out of bed. i'm sorry but i just needed people to talk to that understand what emotional stress can do to you. i haven't been this wiped in forever. i know she's in a better place. it's amazing that we are more humane to our animals than to people. thanks for listening everyone. a very sad morgan B)

Oh :rolleyes: Morgan, my kitties send you extra purrs to help you through. B) My girls are old ladies now...they say hello to me in the morning, but they're sleeping when I leave for work, and are often in the same place when I get home. I keep telling them they're not ever allowed to leave me, but I know they're getting up there in years (16 and 14). Sorry for your loss...

Nina

Morgan

I know how hard it is to lose a pet and companion like a dog or a cat. It is so painful, just like losing any family member.

I know whenever I felt sick, especially, I realized what wonderful companions my dogs were or are.

Take the time to grieve.

Keep in mind there are (sadly) lots of pets out there in need of loving homes like yours. Eventually you'll be ready to bring a new one into your life, but I know, it takes awhile before you are.

Katherine

thanks for the responses. it is so appreciated. my vet said they get rescue kittens all the time and when i am ready to let him know, he will get me a very special one. i don't think i will be ready for awhile, but can't imagine never having a little lovey again. thanks again. morgan

Dear Morgan

I too am very saddened by your loss. I know how important our pets (more like our children) are to us.

We have lost two dogs in the last couple of years. They can never be replaced but it is nice to share our lives with another pet. When your ready I'm sure you will make another kitty very happy and blessed.

Sue

Morgan, just wanted to add that I too am thinking about you in this sad time. Kitties are the best, as well you know...It sounds like she had the best life possible under your care. I know you'll find another little friend soon to love and share your life with.

All the best,

Merrill

Oh Morgan, I'm so sorry about your precious little kitty. We lost our beloved Golden Retriever of eleven years a year and a half ago. It still hurts. People who have never had a pet don't understand how much love they provide. It is like losing a child. Hang in there. It helped us to talk about Bo so if you want to write to me, please do. I'll be thinking of you. Deb

Morgan, dear...how sorry to learn of the passing of your poor kitty. I know how you must feel. Last August, our little siamese--Violet Ann--died at the ripe old age of 16 and, to think, she never got her driver's license. We still have her lifetime companion with us, Nescafe Snickers. He joins in sending condolences. My big suggestion to you is to get another 4-legged companion as soon as possible. About 5 years ago, our Schnauzer passed away after a long struggle with a pituitary tumor. Her death coincided with the time that I had just gotten home from the hospital because of POTS. That weekend, we went through the papers trying to find a dog. I knew I really needed to have another pal around the house. We were going to have a pup in our household by the end of the weekend. And we did! Being sick and suffering from the loss of my Carrie only compounded my grief. Our new Westie perked me up although she was quite a handful to train.

People without pets don't realize how much they mean to us with pets. Our pets love us when we are happy, cheer us up when we are sad, and try to make us feel better when we are down.

It is so sad when your pet dies. Be reassured that you did everything you could and probably more to help your kitty get better

We're with you, Morgan!

i knew if i came here, it would make me feel better. so many people don't realize that to some of us, our pets are just like our babies. babies that never grow up. and they are to be treated with tlc at all times, because they give back far more than they could ever receive! thank you all so much for your caring and support. jasmine is running and breathing easily for the first time ever, i can picture her. morgan

Guest Julia59

Morgan,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear kitty. I hope and pray for you to have strength to get through this. Our animals have a special place in our hearts. They are just there for us all the time, then when they are gone it leaves such a hole in our hearts.

My cat Maxine who was going on 16 passed away just a few weeks ago. She was the first of our pets together---as we adopted her just a couple of weeks after we got married.

The comfort they give us when we are feeling sick or depressed is amazing. It's so funny how they just know----and then they are there for us.

Take Care,

Julie :0)