Double Vision

I can remember when I first started feeling exhausted and I had double vision at work one day just before the onset of florid POTS 4 1/2 years ago. I don't think this is so typical with the onset of POTS for many peraons. Less than a week later I was bedridden with what would take almost 2 years to diagnose POTS.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this symptom? My POTS is believed to have had a viral onset but it was never proven. Hope everyone is staying cool today. Martha

Hi,

I have had blurre vistsion before....not suer about the double vision..anyhow i went to the eye doc and they said it could be a focus prob.em nothing showed up abnormal on the eye exam

I went to get fitted for contact one time, and she wouldn't give me them cause one of my eyes had an invection? She said what it was, but I don't remeber what it is now. (I know she said it was probably caused by the solition I was using for the contacts) She told me I needed antibiotics, but I was breastfeeding and she said I couldn't while on the antibiotics. So we let it go a week to see if there would be any changes, and it was gone? She was very surprized and puzzled.

Anyway, just wanted to share,

Amber

Sorry, I know that I'm late getting to this one, but I've been on vacation.

Did they test you for Myasthenia Gravis? That is more of a double visiion issue. That was one of the problems they had with DX me with MG. I never had true DV. I have, what they in the MG world, call ghosting. It's a "type" of DV, I suppose.

Anyway, POTS and MG have many of the same symptoms and are often MIS-diagnosed as the other one. I just wanted to make sure that you had a complete work up, since you didn't really say how that whole process went!!

I became quite ill overnight as well. I've had POTS symptoms for years, but no one ever connected the dots, until now. I could feel myself getting sick last June (2005) and I was EXTREMELY ill for the next 7 months. I was in and out of the hospital and was told that I have Myasthenia Gravis. Then, they treated me for MG and THEN they ran some more tests to "prove" that I indeed had it. Lo and behold, now I'm being told that I DON'T have it. Who knows, aye???

I think that the dysautonomia explains all of my sypmtoms, whereas MG only explained about 50% of them.

Anyway, my point is this, yes, I did get much worse with a viral infection, but in hindsight, I've been ill for a long time. It just got like a thousand times worse with the virus.

Does this answer your question at all, or am I still too sleep deprived?? LOL

Bec

I can remember when I first started feeling exhausted and I had double vision at work one day just before the onset of florid POTS 4 1/2 years ago. I don't think this is so typical with the onset of POTS for many peraons. Less than a week later I was bedridden with what would take almost 2 years to diagnose POTS.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this symptom? My POTS is believed to have had a viral onset but it was never proven. Hope everyone is staying cool today. Martha

Did you have a MRI to exclude MS ( double visoion is typical for MS

Yes, I had multiple MRI's, MRA's and MRV's because many different physicians were convinced that I had either a stroke or was developing MS. I even had a spinal tap. I had 2 instances of side-by-side double vision within a minute that just lasted a few seconds. It was very frightening. The spinal tap a few months later showed a few cells that were likely indicitive of a viral infection but no cultures came back positive. I get greying out of vision also due to POTS. My left eyelid didn't close completely for a while when I was first ill too. Martha