Peeing Your Pants

Chrissy

I have frequent urination and sometimes what seems like a bladder infection (having to go, but nothing will come out), but recently I have had no warning and just peed my pants. Not alot so its noticable, I'm sure no one would know unless I told them. But it is still frustrating and embarrassing. Is this pots or should I make an appt. with my urologist. Please advise. Thank you.

releasing urine when you're not expecting it could be from a number of issues--working with a urologist can help you pinpoint what's going on. It's not a typical POTS symptom, but then again, who knows if it's related? I think a urologist or what ever doc you use for your ANS issues should be able to help you sort it out.

Nina

i would mention it to both docs but ultimately it's something that probably should be explored with your urologist. like nina said, it's not something that's "typical" with POTS, but POTS can involve neuropathy, a nerve problem, and urinary dysfunction can be a result of a nerve problem. so...it could be indirectly related. personally i have the opposite problem (i can't go, don't feel the need until my lower abdomen hurts, etc) & that is related to my dysautonomia/neuropathy.

hang in there & good luck,

;) melissa

Hi Chrissy,

I also make so much urine that I can't seem to get to the bathroom quick enough and start to go before I'm sitting (urgency). I usually just make it. My symptoms were much worse when I initially came down with POTS but I still have them, worse certain times of the month. I know where every public bathroom is in the mall and grocery store for the limited amount of time I can tolerate spending there. I would occasionally have my urine tested for diabetes and cells thinking it just couldn't be all POTS. Martha

I think you should talk to you doctor and just ask. I know last month the "peeing your pants happen twice" both times I didn't know I even had to go. My doctor told me not to worry at this point but it where to contiune to let him know. As for me it only happen those two time that I can remeber and that was it. I hope you are able to find out what is casuing your problems!

Guest Mary from OH

I posted to you in your other post. After seeing this post, you really need to be evaluated by a urologist. Something is not working right with the nerves in your bladder. They are able to do a thorough evaluation of this. I went through the same thing, although I have the opposite problem. There are many times when I am unable to urinate. Good luck with your evaluation. Go to a urologist who specializes in FEMALE urological problems.

chrissy i just wanted to add that yeah going to a urologist or your pcp might be a good idea..I have some bladder problems as well.. and often find that I tinkle more often then I'd like.. way to many embarrasing moments then I care to remmeber!!

take care dear and i hope that you get some answers very soon!

I would have it checked out.

But I just wanted you to know your not alone. I too have not been able to control my blader. It almost like someone was squeezing it? Anyway I wish you luck.

Amber