Horrible Fatigue

Hi guys,

I know there are quite a few of you who can relate to the horrible fatigue....I'm just curious if there is anything to take to help combat it....vitamins, etc. Would this be something I see the doctor for?? I woke up around 1pm today and I can barely stand up never mind stay awake....I have a horrible headache along with it.

My BP was 106/61, so it wasnt too bad and my HR was 89bpm.....I took my Midodrine so there is no laying down for the next few hours......wish me luck, I coudl pass out just from sitting here....

Hi Jacquie :angry:

Sorry I can't help with your problem as I have no solutions or even advise for you but, just wanted you to know I know how you feel and hope this passes soon....

If this fatique seems worse than what you have normally experienced in the past, you should call your doctor and check in with him/her. Perhaps they might (knowing your medical history) have some ideas....

Wishing you the best... :o

Hang in there,

Maggs

I would talk to your doctor. Sometimes the meds could even be causing the fatigue. Have you had a cbc done lately? As it could be with you blood count also. I know that being on procrit has helped some as my hemocrit (SP) was 36. Just a thought. I you start feeling better soon.

have you ever tried provigil? it was given to me to try for fatigue..(its primarily used for narcolepsy patients).. but my pots doc gave it to me b/c they are finding that it can help with disabling fatigue.

good luck

Hi,

I am used to feeling tired doing small things, such as going to the store, etc. but I have been sooo tired the last 2 days. I don't think I have ever felt this tired ever...anyhow back to sleep for me.

Guest sonotech

I know how horrible the fatigue can be. I have been in bed most days (over the last 5 days) til about 3pm.

I DO know that the headaches can be caused from sleeping too long and getting dehydrated, so you might put a small cooler next to your bed with cold drinks and maybe a few snacks.....that will make it easier for you to hydrate yourself since I know sometimes I WANT to get up for a drink, but feel too weak...the cooler works great, just pack it at night before going to bed.

Guest dionna

my fatigue is a roller coaster. i hope yours goes away soon. i now that when i was on beta blockers i was bedridden but on midodrine i felt high all the time and couldn't sleep. you obviously don't have that side effect. so i guess i can't really suggest anything but i hope you have sweet dreams atleast. i have nightmares all the time.

dionna :)

My husband recently had a sleep study where they diagnosed Obstructive Sleep Apnea. He had 105 apneas (stoppage of breath) during the night, 565 muscle movements/twitches and never reached the deep sleep stage (the beneficial restorative sleep stage). He just began using a CPAP machine a week ago and has worked up to a full night of wearing it. We are hoping for a noticeable improvement in his fatigue level so I will keep you posted on his progress.

Another day and I am soooo tired. I barely have any energy to do anything. I slept until 12pm today and I just feel exhausted. I don't want to go to the doctors, because I wouldn't even know which one to go to for one thing, and I'm just too tired to even think......