I Am Hurting :(

How do you deal with the pain? I have sever chest pain and it isn't until I sit down till I get it? I am sorry if I sound ignerant when I ask these types of questions... But I did not take this seriously until it has progressed to be worse! I feel like I am whining but it hurts and I don't know how to express it any other way than that... I have deep fears about it all... I wonder what my limitations will entail you know? I went to my moms this weekend to help her get ready to move by painting and getting stuffed moved. I found I wasn't much help at all...

I could paint the base boards cause I could sit, but there only so many base boards in the house. I feel useless at time, I am waiting for it all to start getting better. However I am depressed all the time about it. I want to just cry curl up in my bed and never get out of it. I find myself screaming it isn't fair! Then after that I curse myself because my mom who has parkinsons is suffering 100 times worse then I am has the will and the courage to push through it all.I don't know what to think any more I just am lost and I find myself being really emotional over it. Maybe I am stressing to much or maybe I have lost my marbles I don't know.. AHHHHHHH does it ever get better?

I find myself writing more though, my biggest outlet as a young teenager was to write poetry when I got mad or frustrated, for awhile I thought I had lost that ability because I was too happy with the way my life was going. Now that things feel like they are starting to snowball I think it has opened the floodgates of my mind and I poor my heart out on to paper. It also helps to come on here and look at the inspirational words that all of you write, and to see I do not suffer in this alone. I do know that I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy but I find comfurt that I don't face it alone does that make me wrong? Please I want to thank all of you for the kind words I recieved from my last post made me feel so welcome and a part of a family on here. I really do appriciate it all!

:rolleyes:

You are not alone. I know how you are feeling. I have had the chest pain alot, I have found that oxygen help, but other then that I have to deal with the pain. As for feeling down I have been there. In fact I have been there alot. I went to therapy today to vent. See I feel bad also as I am getting down., and want a better life, and want things to be like the use to, I feel sorry for myself also, I can relate also as then I feel bad for getting down as my mother has cancer. Infact my mom is starting her frist round of chemo on Thursday. I try to remind myself that i could be worse. I learned to try to focus on today, and each day I try to do one thing to make me happy, like making a card for somwone, or scapebooking, printing some photo's some days I do not get out of bed, but I can wacth a moive I wanted to see, and read (if I feel up to it) I have found even if I take 15 min. a day for myself I find I am not getting as depressed. The other thing helping is I am writing in a jorual everyday, how I feel, things that get me down, and so on, once I have wrote them out alot of time I feel better as I got it off my chest. Also I have found that a good friens is also a good thing, to let others know how I am doing, to push myself to do soming even if I down feel like it is good also!

I am not sure if this helps but keep your head up! We are all here for you! :rolleyes:

I think it is wonderful for us to use the forum for support and information, but at times I think it is best to see your physician regarding medical concerns. If your chest pain is that severe, you should run it by MD.

I know you are hurting right now and have a great deal of stressors in your life and wonder if perhaps a therapist may be helpful? This is a great place for support and certainly has helped me, but sometimes we may need more when things become too much. I think many of us have been in that place.

Take care of yourself------------

thinking of you.

I am sorry you are feeling so bad :unsure: Once we get into that funk, it is a rough road back out.

I do the same, I feel guilty when I get so involved in how I am feeling and I know others who have it worse and I'm sure they would gladly go through what I am rather than what they are going through. Besides that, it is tough. No one knows how one deals with their pain, feelings etc., unless you can put yourself in their shoes.

You are trying the best you can to help, give yourself that much. Keep up with your poetry/journaling!

If the chest pains do not get better, check in with your doc.... I do remember reading where some people when they have chest pain, the lay down and put their legs up agains the wall, and it helps them. Maybe worth a try :angry:

Keep your chin up :rolleyes:

Guest dionna

i havent found anything to help except time to let it pass and then be thankful when the pain ends until the next one comes and i just think to myself that it will go away again. i sike myself out all the time and honestly it is the only way i can deal with it or anything about the condition. i lie to myself all the time and tell myself to just be positive because it could be worse... though thinking like that it could also be better right? but don't let myself know that i said that. i could have just not gotten sick but then i think about *everthing happens for a reason so... i will just wait my turn and find out "why me?", "why this?"- although i think i already know. and i believe that when i no longer "need" this i will be cured.

i don't have any advice... it makes me feel better to know that i am not alone so this is me telling you that you arent alone either. i read that those with congestive heart failure feel the same pain and have about the same type of quality of life. so you definately aren't alone.

good luck to you tears. i hope you will someday be able to dry those up and turn into a smile in your soul or that the tears are just for joy!

dionna :)

• 4 weeks later...

If you are getting chest pains when sitting, I wopould take pulse and BP and call dr.

My mantra is "THIS IS WHO I AM NOW' I was able to work hard and do alot earlier in my life and for that I am grateful. Now I really have set mental barriers and think about what I can and can't do.

I also recommend a therapist to help you get to the point of acceptance, it can be a healing path(mentally).

YOU did NOT do this to yourself. Take care Miriam