Did I Have A Tia?

halmad85

I had a bad experience today, I almost went to the ER thinking I might be having a stroke. The only thing that stopped me was that I'm only 25. I had this intense aching in my head. Only the right side, along with the right side of my neck and throat. Then this aching radiated to my right arm, and it started feeling numb (but not completely numb). I was also very fatigued. You know, just really out of it, but not confused. It lasted for a few hours, then went away. I had one very scary moment where my body became very hot and I started having spasms in the right arm. I was so out of breath. Maybe a little panic attack, who knows?

Weird, huh? I don't know if it was yet another complication of having POTS, or what. My heartrate was okay at the time. I did have to do a bit of walking today which got me feeling sick afterwards...maybe that had something to do with it.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?

Here, here. Get to the doctor tout suite! Even babies can have a stroke--one of my students had a bleed in the language center of his brain when he was just a few months old.

Nina

I agree you should see a doctor to make sure nothing going on. Its better to been see and know, that way you don't sit around worry.

I hope everything is OK. Please keep us posted!

Amy

Guest Belinda

Hopefully it is nothing I have a cousin who is female 32 and has already had a stroke and heart attack right after having her 2nd child..it is definitely inherited..BAD arteries..point is get it checked out girl>>hopefully it is nothing serious..belinda

By the way she is in perfect shape other than that..

Thanks for the support everyone. You've convinced me to be seen. I hated the idea of going back to my doctor. I have a new complaint like every month. I don't want him to think I'm nuts. Although he's never treated me that way.

I do realize of course that a stoke isn't a complete impossiblity. It just seems unlikely. But, hey...I always have something unlikely happening to me. So, why not one more? I haven't had anymore of those episodes today. Though I am having some spasming type pains in that right side of my head. But they're really quick.. just coming and going.

I hate always feeling sick because I worry now that something serious could be happening and I'll ignore it because I always have symptoms. I have chest pains all the time and I just wait for them to go away to know it's not an MI. You know what I mean?

Life with POTS! :)

Jen, I hear ya on not wanting to go back to the doc... and with something odd or new. The past two trips, though, were simple answers for me--one was that I had eczema in my ears...and the other was just allergies.

Better safe than sorry though, and most especially when dealing with that one head that you've got--no spares if you blow an artery or vein in there missy!!! :) Also, it's nice to know ahead of time that your doc is not going to think you're a hypochondriac every time you show up at the office.

Let us know how it all works out for you.

Nina

Hi. I had a small (Ha!) stroke at the age of 28 as the result of a complicated migraine. I have said it repeatedly on this forum- do not take chances with migraines. If it is a new severity of headache with unusual related symtoms- get it checked out- period. Good luck to you!

Carmen