Barometric Pressure

Hi guys!

My friend's daughter has dysautonomia and notices flare-ups with changing barometric pressure. I know others have reported similar flare-ups. For those of you who have this problem, have you found anything that helps? Please let me know if you have.

Thanks for all replys!

Michelle

Hi Michelle.

I have this problem every time a hot or cold front passes through. I don't think there is much you can do about it, since our 'automatic' ability to adjust to pressure changes has been compromised.

I have asked a few of my favorite doctors about this, and they say there is no real way to deal with it. They say even 'normal' people experience subtle changes during barometric changes. Like everything else, we seem to be more sensitive to it.

The best 'cure' would be to move to Arizona. Hmmmmmm....... :angry:

Dan

I dunno if Arizona would help much... folks from there have all those issues with the heat. I suppose if you never go outside your plan might work :angry:

Nina

Dang, and I was about to pack my bags too! (I don't seem sensitive to heat that I know of yet anyway but that would be a heck of a way to find out moving across country:)

P.S. Just don't move to the mountains! At least for me, when I traveled to WV about 10 years ago (before I knew anything about POTS) I was absolutely dizzy for about the first 2 days along with my mother...nobody else seemed affected...now it all makes sense!

I have noticed a little of this myself, but have never kept records or studied it closely enough to see the actual correlation. I moved to WV two years ago and was terrified that I wouldn't be able to adjust, but everything turned out fine :angry: I was pregnant at the time, so maybe that helped with the altitude ajustment. Recently, I've been having major swings up and down, and I think it's because we've been having some really hot days switched up with some really cold days, and I'm having trouble adjusting. It's all very interesting...