Had My Adenosine Stress Test This Morning

Hi Guys,

I has the adensosine stress tst this morning. My pressure bottomed out to nothing (passed out) they stopped and waited for me to recover. They started again and my heart rate kept dropping into the upper 20's (I saw SA node block on the strips. God what a horrible feeling that is. As soon as they injected me I couldnt breathe, I threw up, I had to fight to stay concious. NEVER having that test again!!! Now its just wait for the results.

I am totally wiped out nd going back to bed.

Hope your all well today

Janine

Geez, what a horrible experience. Thank goodness its over now. May you have a quick recovery and the test results be helpful to you!

Hope your feeling better soon! :)

Nicole

:) i'm so sorry they made you so sick!! that sounds horrible!! I hope that you recovery from this nasty test you had done soon dear.. take it easy!!

hugs

linda

Guest Belinda

Yikes..I am glad that is over for you and don't blame you on not wanting to repeat it again ever.

But happy you did make it through,hope it starts helping them narrow something out for you.

Take care Janine..Belinda

Guest Julia59

Janine----wow, what an experience. I hope you start feeling better really soon.

I just read about the test---it's sounds like it would be pretty tough for the POTs folks.

Keep your chin up, and try to hang on until your feeling a little stronger.

HUGS,

Julie :0)

Thanks Guys,

Im actually feeling worse today, my heart rare keeps droping into the 30's and 40's. This really stinks! I hope they find somethnig useful from this test. Its a rainy day here and I am going to stay snuggled in bed.

Have a good day all

Janine

Something pops out at me here......Were you wearing your duragesic patch during the testing? Could that explain your symptoms? Fentanyl is a pretty heavy duty drug, and I was surprised you "felt" the affects after one day, with one patch, as I believe it's common knowledge the first patch doesn't work, even for POTSie people, because it needs to make it's way to the bloodstream from the outside of your skin. After 2 days though, I suppose a sensitive person could have symptoms as you described WITHOUT any testing since it's such a sedating medication. Hope you didn't wear it during your testing, as I know drugs skew results, especially something as strong as that patch.