Opposite sides of the Room

Sue

Last night we had company at our house and when I came into the frontroom someone was sitting in my "usual" spot. So without being rude I just sat down on the opposite side of the room making myself sit the opposite way of how I usually sit. Within seconds I started to have major symptoms, unbalanced, heart racing, etc. I immediately got up and sat on the other side of the room on the floor. Symptoms totally settled down.

This morning I decided to do that again. Same thing happened!!! Does this happen to any of you??? I also tried the same thing in my bed. I usually sleep on my left side the same side I sit on... My husband had already left for work. So I scooted to his side of the bed and stood up)the opposite way of how I usually get out of bed) Immediate symptoms, is this majorly weird or what. What would cause such a tramatic change???

Thanks for any input

((Hugs))

Sue

I dunno.. My body is definately a creature of habit and anything new can cause trouble. I am so used to being stuck in ruts that if I do sit somewhere different or sleep on the wrong side I usually will have a sicker day...

I will say that as long as you mentioned sleeping positions that when I sleep on my right side I am so hot I sweat but when I sleep on my left side I am shivering cold. ;) The wars I have had with the thermostat in the middle of the night, when I was less than awake are funny.

Sounds like Anxiety or CD (Compulisive Disorder). You may have Complusive Disporder without knowing it.

Sometimes if im walking down the road i have to walk on the side my head tells me to otherwise i get paranoid. Or if i walk into shopping centers i have to walk by a wall, if in in the middle i will feel very dizzy and the heart races ect....

could be, but I have found when my system is really out of whack.... the bizaarest and minor-ist things will set off symptoms.

Once I even got back into bed, and then got out my normal way and felt better. How about that for whacky... lol perhaps our bodies have a sense of humor they just are not letting us in on. (-;

I think that you are just comfortable being where you usually are! I know if I sit in the chair on the opposite side of the room it just doesn't feel right. Maybe that uneasiness brings on the symptoms! Just a thought.

Jacquie

Sue, Regardless of the reason...I think you should sit, lay, get up whatever way makes you most comfortable and doesn't invoke symptoms. There are certain areas in the house and outside the house that I don't like to sit because the light tends to bother me and trigger symptoms. When I sleep, I find myself to be less symptomatic if I lay on a certain side. The height of furniture makes a difference symptom wise too.

So my rule of thumb is to do what makes me most comfortable and less symptomatic! Take Care! Renee