Weakness

Jacquie802

Hi, for a while now I have had weakness in my legs. I feel it alot at night when I try to sleep, it feels as though I can't stretch my legs. Alot of the tiem they go numb off and on. I have had a brain MRI which came back normal, so I don't think it's anything to worry about, just more of a pain. Does anyone else have this? Is it POTS related? Anything help? I have tried exercises but I can't do those much since my hr soars. Any advice is appreciated.

THanks you all!

Jacquie

Have you tried massage to help blood flow to these areas?

Sometimes i cant move my legs or they feel numb. At those times i need outside stimulation to wake them back up. Massage makes all the differece for me :) Some people are better than others at massaging the right way.. it can take some practice to find the right person/way

God yes, I walk like a proper drunk and my legs bow in the middle- when I'm bad with the POTS/NCS, that is.

I was told that if the bp gets low enough, and enough blood pools in the legs, then POTS people fidget with their legs without even realising- as if their legs are trying to move to pump the blood back up the way. not sure how true that is though.

I am weak everywhere. all the time. Pots, fibro, cfs, it all contributes. i had in home p.t. and that actually made me so much worse he quit on me, so not sure what to tell you. I do leg exercises after I go to bed at night so I remain lying down, and knit, because that works the arm muscles, but they still ache and are very weak.

Hmmm, thanks for the replies. I am going to try the massage for my legs in the am. Is fibro common with POTS? I looked up the symptoms and I do have alot of them, but it's not pain I feel it just feels like I have exercised without warming up my muscles, if that makes any sense. It looks like alot of the POTS symptoms are the same as Fibro, so is there any test to see whether you have Fibro??

The last time I had my bloodwork done (Oct) I think my potassium levels were low, but no one ever mentioned anything about it to me, I saw it on the report. I haven't started taking my Florinef yet, so who knows if the Florinef is going to affect my potassium levels.

Jacquie

Hi, I developed POTS in August 2003 after some sort of viral infection. The docs aren't sure if I had mono (they did do tests that came back neg, but some continue to think mono caused it). It seems like symptoms began to get worse in 2005. Hopefully, they go away soon, don't know how much longer I can stand it!!

Jacquie