Simple things causing fatigue

Jacquie802

Why do I get so tired after going out for an hour or so? Today I went to the store for maybe about 45 min, which has been the longest I have been able to go for the past few years!!!!!! However, now I am ready for bed, I am soo tired and can barely keep my eyes open. I take Toprol which does cause fatigue, I dont think the fatigue is as bad as it was before, but how come little activities make me want to sleep for days????

Jacquie, shopping is the worst for me too. So fatiguing, I dread it sometimes. Can you find someone to go with you? Some days I set my timer for 5 minutes to get some housework done then rest for 10 - 15 minutes or more, and so on. I'd like to get into an exercise program as I've heard this can help (for non-CFS people). It's just getting started! lol!

When my main symptom was CFS (chronic fatigue) i remember how tiring the little things were. I left the house once a week to go out to dinner with my family. Sometimes i could not even manage that. It was truely horrible. Shopping if really hard... lots of people/noise/stimulation ... especially around christmas time.

I am not sure why it happens, you dont have CFS?

sorry i dont have answers for you... just letting you know you are not alone in the experience

Jacquie, I wish that I had the answer for your question. I can not even go to the bathroom without getting fatigued. My doc says that it will probably go away when he gets my b/p to stay up for a while, but I dont know. I have to send my husband or my daughter to do my shopping. The only time that I get out anymore is when I have to go to the doctor. Wish I had answers for you. Vanessa

Why do I get so tired after going out for an hour or so? Today I went to the store for maybe about 45 min, which has been the longest I have been able to go for the past few years!!!!!! However, now I am ready for bed, I am soo tired and can barely keep my eyes open. I take Toprol which does cause fatigue, I dont think the fatigue is as bad as it was before, but how come little activities make me want to sleep for days????

I haven't been "officially" diagnosed with CFS. I have remembered being tired for many years. When I was in high school I'd barely make it through school and then sleep until the next morning. Everyone in my family said I was lazy, but I really couldn't help it. Maybe I have had this POTS thing for longer than they think?? I don't know <_<

Jacquie

Yes maybe you have had a underlying CFS when you were young. I was the same in high school, i use to slepe on the train to school and once i got home i slept till dinner time ate dinner then went back to bed. I thought it was just being in the final years of school and was normal... boy was i wrong!

Obviously i am not a dr and i cant diagnose or anything, however it may be worth your while to go to a good CFS doc. ALthough the truth is that there is not a magic pill for CFS, they may just be able to look at your situation from a different perspective.

Sorry to hear you are so fatigued. ... for me its the worst symptom of the lot... i hope it passes for you

Yup Morgan, after shopping yesterday I could barely make it out of bed today. The whole day I felt like I was going to pass out. I have a Christmas party to go to tomorrow then one on Sunday. I hope I have atleast one "good day" out of the two.