Pots onset?

Primoz

Hi everyone! I am 27-year old student, comming from Slovenia-Europe.How did you get POTS? I guess, I got mine with overtraining with weights, while preparing on fitness contest. My tranning programe was 10-12 workouts/week- half cardio, half weights. It was too much for me and I just broke my nerve and immune system down. When I realised, it was already too late. How about you? Does someone have a simmilar experience?

Bye, Primo? ;)

Mine is secondary to ehlers-danlos III, a genetic disorder.

Dobrodo?el! Govorim hrva?ko, ne slovenski. Prosim odpustite napakam.

(Welcome. I speak Croatian, not Slovenian. Please forgive any mistakes).

Nina

Welcome, Docs dont know what has triggered my problems. They think it could have been a car wreck that I had a little over a year ago. I have not been totally diagnosed yet. Partial diagnosis here and partial there. Will be glad when total diagnosis is done. You have come to the right place, great bunch of people here. Lots of info, and hugs. Hang in there. Vanessa

Hi everyone! I am 27-year old student, comming from Slovenia-Europe.How did you get POTS? I guess, I got mine with overtraining with weights, while preparing on fitness contest. My tranning programe was 10-12 workouts/week- half cardio, half weights. It was too much for me and I just broke my nerve and immune system down. When I realised, it was already too late. How about you? Does someone have a simmilar experience?

Bye, Primo? :)

heavy fitness training shortly after a cold/flu brought mine on - I had slight symptoms maybe before, but one dayi was running and felt dizzy, came home and nearly fainted - etc etc...

Dont know were mine came from. It was after a very nervous scare one day that lasted along time. But ontop of this i was doing alot of heavy weight training and alot of running. Could be due to alot of things.

Thank you. You are all very supportive. That means a lot to me, especially because doctors in most cases just ignore me. It cold be so furstrating.

For now I dont take any meds, so I guess my POTS it is not so severe. But it is still effecting on quality of my life. All I can do is walking (not even a mile), and some very light exercises- all of this makes me so sick. :( I used to squat 380pounds, so you can imagine how this effects me. If I climb stairs, i must take rest every floor. Is this normal? My restng pulse is under 60 (lying down), and 70+ when sitting. When I stand up or walk it is beetwen 90 and 120. When i am cimbing stairs, it jumps to 160, 170 and then I take a rest. I am also very stress intolerante. For exsample, when i am late, I have 150 just when walking. Cant stand flashing light, I am also noise sensitive, When I argue with someone, hr jumps and I feel sick. Has anyone same problems? :) Oh, I halso ad a Holtter test- lowest hr 47, highest hr 140. And I was resting all day. My internist said it is little high, but OK. Who is making fun of me here????

I know, I must not fell sorry for myself, but sometimes its just breakes me. Here are many people who suffer more than me and I want you all to know, that you are all in my heart. We must believe, that science will found couse and treatment for our disease. I sometimes say to myself: if something can brake down, it shure can be fixed. Let me use a quote from Shawshank Redemption: "Hope is a good thing!"

MightyMouse: Tvoja sloven?čina je odlična, a mogu i ja da pi?em na hrvatskom :D . Moračemo da odaberemo jedan jezik, po?to mo?eva da komunicirava u tri :P

Bye P.

Welcome :P

Had mine most of my life, really came out in 7 grade when I ran track, passed out a few times, heart rate high, all that good stuff.

Good luck and agian welcome