The adrenaline feels like it's killing me

I guess I'm having an adrenaline dump. An extreme one. I feel like I'm dying. Shaking, flushed, feel like I'm floating or moving, nausea, heart palpitations. I'm having horror movie jump scares with no triggers. I'm just looking crazy laying in the bed. I can't sleep. It'll physically cause me to jerk like I just got scared by a louse noise but nothing is happening to cause it. 

Is there something doctors can look for to help this? This is scary. 

@Pistolany insights?

@Derek1987 I am, so sorry you are going through this! When I went through this my doc would put me in the hospital on IV fluids and lorazepam. Ususally that would fix it and I could go home the next day. Any idea what triggered it? Complete rest and withdrawing from any stimuli is important. 

IV fluids help me too with this symptom, among others.  

This may not help given the severity of your symptoms but another thing that has helped me in the past with this is lying on my back with my arms back behind me ( resting on the bed, like floating).  It requires you to breathe using your diaphragm only.  It can help to calm and relax the body.

13 hours ago, Pistol said:

@Derek1987 I am, so sorry you are going through this! When I went through this my doc would put me in the hospital on IV fluids and lorazepam. Ususally that would fix it and I could go home the next day. Any idea what triggered it? Complete rest and withdrawing from any stimuli is important. 

I think it's tiredness. But I think medicine actually triggered it. The er wrote me a script for tramadol because they think I messed up my insides from too much aspirin.(a lot of pain) I've been taking aspirin almost everyday because of the headaches from pots. So I'm waiting to see the gastro doctor.

But anyway I felt fine until I took the tramadol. Then I felt the adrenaline come on as the medicine kicked in. Then it just progressed. I've taken the pill a few times already with no issues so idk.

I woke up today with some adrenaline still going. Small jump scare feelings. My left hand has been tingling all day which I know is apart of whatever is happening to me. I just feel exhausted now. My wife took over any responsibilities today. I feel like I need another day to get myself together. 

4 hours ago, MomtoGiuliana said:

IV fluids help me too with this symptom, among others.  

This may not help given the severity of your symptoms but another thing that has helped me in the past with this is lying on my back with my arms back behind me ( resting on the bed, like floating).  It requires you to breathe using your diaphragm only.  It can help to calm and relax the body.

Have you ever had jump scare feelings as well?

I’ve had similar symptoms in the past. Have you had a Holter monitor? Hydration helps my symptoms. 

I also LOVE the “Insight Meditation Timer” app. Don’t let the name fool you. This is a vast collection of free high quality resources for calming and healing the nervous system! It’s available on the Apple App Store, not sure where else. 

Hang in there and FIGHT for answers and action!

13 hours ago, Derek1987 said:

Have you ever had jump scare feelings as well?

I'm not entirely sure of what that is.  But I have had experiences that felt a lot like a panic attack.  Except I have no reason at all to feel anxious.  In fact I was diagnosed for years with episodes of panic attacks and anxiety--and I started to believe I had some underlying anxiety issue.  It was when I finally went to a psychiatrist that I started to get somewhere with a diagnosis bc she wrote back to my GP that she saw no reason to believe I had an anxiety disorder and believed I had something else going on.

I'm so sorry you're having this @Derek1987  I've had POTS for about 10 years now and I think I just started having these adrenaline surges over the past year, and they are so awful! At first I thought I was having panic attacks, but they hit me around the same time every afternoon when I try to rest and I realized it must be related to POTS. I'll be trying to rest and suddenly I feel terrified, like someone just jumped out and scared me or I was nearly in a car accident. Is that what other people feel when they have this issue? 

Thanks to everyone for ideas on treating this. I feel like I do a good job of hydrating, but I don't do IVs. Maybe I need to start, but my insurance is terrible so I don't know if I can afford that on a regular basis.

My stress hormones do get out of control once triggered! 
I agree, it feels terrible. Like I’m shaking apart.

My Triggers: activity, stress, heat, bright lights, dehydration, disrespectful docs who don’t listen.

Helps me: rest, meditation, box breathing, vagal nerve stimulation, cold water immersion. 

Best wishes!