Weird feeling after lying down

angelloz

I have horrible insomnia so I try to really relax before bed. When I lie down and get comfortable after a short period of time I get a weird feeling. Sort of like my BP drops and I feel very uncomfortable. Takes a bit to recover. It happens almost every night. Anyone else?

21 hours ago, MomtoGiuliana said:

I sometimes can feel dizzy shortly after lying down in bed.  I've never checked my BP while having this symptom.  It's usually transitory.  Does changing the angle of your head help?  Oddly I find I am less likely to feel this way if I lie completely flat (no pillow).

I also also experience this. In these instances, my dizziness tends to feel almost vertigo-like, and is more pronounced if I try to change position. I've never checked my BP during one of these episodes, as they never really last more than few minutes.

I wonder if it has something to do with the body's way of adjusting to the positional change from being upright to horizontal...?

6 hours ago, bizbiz said:

I also also experience this. In these instances, my dizziness tends to feel almost vertigo-like, and is more pronounced if I try to change position. I've never checked my BP during one of these episodes, as they never really last more than few minutes.

I wonder if it has something to do with the body's way of adjusting to the positional change from being upright to horizontal...?

Yes in my case it is more like vertigo, too.  

I've gotten many strange sensations over the years while lying down, some which have kept me up all night. Most very difficult to put into words. They were actually my first signs (though I didn't know it at the time) that something was really wrong. It has gotten much better over time to the point where I have these issues much less frequently and to less intensity, even though they still do pop up. 

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/16/2023 at 1:57 AM, Macho319 said:

@angelloz I know I am responding to this quite late but I too feel strange after lying down. I feel cold sometimes like full chills, I feel weak like my heart is struggling but I don't feel palpitations, I can feel short of breath but then it tends to pass. I have absolutely no idea why any of this happens. 

Do you still get this?

Did you find anything to alleviate it?