Tea?

Hippopotsamus

Hello! Where I live is pretty cold right now and I’m missing having tea like the good old days before I had POTS. I have to strictly avoid caffeine, and do ok with decaf green tea (even the decaf black tea triggers some symptoms for me). I was wondering if anyone out there has a warm drink that helps with symptoms instead of making them worse?

On 2/13/2021 at 6:42 PM, Hippopotsamus said:

Hello! Where I live is pretty cold right now and I’m missing having tea like the good old days before I had POTS. I have to strictly avoid caffeine, and do ok with decaf green tea (even the decaf black tea triggers some symptoms for me). I was wondering if anyone out there has a warm drink that helps with symptoms instead of making them worse?

I drink peppermint teat It has no caffeine.  It also helps settle my stomach. Most herbal teas would work.  Also soups are high in salt, a good way to help POTS and stay warm,

Edited by yogini

@Hippopotsamus - my mother has a super-drink for cold days that helps with EVERY ailment ( well, maybe for me simply b/c it's my mom's ... ) : shave a few slivers of fresh ginger, steep in hot ( just before boiling ) water, then add a squeeze of lemon and a bit of honey ... hmmmm! ( Pssst - you can also add a bit of a shot to this if you tolerate alcohol 😉 )