Does coffee actually help anyone here?

Nin

I find after I drink a cup of coffee in the morning I feel better. I know I wouldn't if I kept drinking throughout the day, I have another one around 3pm and again feel better. I thought coffee would make you feel worse. I'm thinking maybe my problems are more brain related like a leak as caffeine helps, i have had brain trauma off the back of problems with both ears. Hopefully having MRI Saturday but if they don't put dye through I don't think they would see a leak.

It helps me as well and I too suffer from excessive vasoconstriction, like @Philipp. I used to only drink one cup in the morning but actually have increased it to 3 cups over the day and it helps, oddly. 

No I haven't tried that. I'm not even sure what vasoconstriction or vasodilation is to be honest? Which one of those effect in a hot bath do you know? A bath make me feel terrible after. I even had a siezure after a bath the other day because I felt exhausted after it and pushed myself to keep going.

What's excessively vasoconstriction? Do a bath trigger that? Baths make me feel terrible afterwards. I had a siezure the other day after a bath because I kept going and my body was telling I need to lay down. Haven't had a siezure for about 3 months.

9 hours ago, Nin said:

I'm not even sure what vasoconstriction or vasodilation is to be honest?

@Nin here is an article that explains vasoconstriction and dilation in detail: 

A bath would trigger vasodilation - relaxing of the blood vessels which causes a drop in BP. 

9 hours ago, Nin said:

. I even had a siezure after a bath the other day because I felt exhausted after it and pushed myself to keep going.

I take seizures, but mine are usually caused by vasoconstriction. But both excessive vasodilation and vasoconstriction can cause reduced blood flow to the brain, which can result in seizures. If your BP drops after a bath and you push yourself to keep going the ANS sometimes will release too much adrenaline which will cause the blood vessels to constrict. In my case - and maybe yours - if this happens too fast it causes a seizure b/c no blood goes to the brain ( imagine a kinked hose - nothing goes through ). 

HyperPotsie here. Coffee does help me. In fact, when I had originally seen my neurologist at the Mayo Clinic, he suggested at least a cup of coffee or caffeinated tea first thing when I get up. I do think it has to do with getting the blood pressure up. I have noticed a pretty big difference on the rare occasion I don't have a chance to have coffee. I have to be careful though, if I have too much, it can lead to panic attacks, probably from over stimulating my system. So an interesting line to walk!

• 4 weeks later...

It definitely helps me. As does Diet coke and chocolate - but only if it's low in cocoa content or I mast cell flare. If my blood pressure these help get it back up. Breaks all the POTS rules but I can't get by without them. If I go a day without them I crash after food straightaway. I'm sure this is not healthy but it's keeping me on the bouncy crazy tight rope.