Abdomen Compression options?

I have a velcro abdomen compression belt.  But I hate it. Sitting, it digs into my stomach and I deal with abdominal pain on the regular anyway.  I also have tried compression leggings that is highwaisted. Again, it digs into my stomach.  Wish someone would develop proper, comfy, POTS apparel. 

Hi, I am not sure if you are looking for something to relieve abdominal/digestive symptoms (which compression will NOT do - it can worsen them), or something to improve orthostatic intolerance/lower body blood pooling, which compression is designed to help.

If it is the latter, and you have trouble with abdominal symptoms already, sticking to leg compression like knee high or thigh high stockings would probably be best. 

I do have bloating, reflux and slow GI motility which are managed with medication & I tolerate waist high compression tights (Sigvaris brand). 

I would not recommend an abdominal binder alone - for me this felt like it was trapping blood down in my legs & aggravated my stomach without the benefits of leg compression.

B xxx

I tried one of those velcro belts and it made my lower back hurt.  Also, the Sigvaris waist high compression hose that have abdominal compression roll down at my waist and dig in uncomfortably.  I just use ultra-firm panty slimmers.  Recent discovery based on my most recent doctor's appointment.  For me, they work better alone than compression stockings alone.  Its amazing!  I can tell because my feet don't turn nearly as pink as they do without, and I feel better.  Both together are, of course, best, but for everyday working at a desk just the glorified girdle is enough.

If you want medical compression ask your doctor. You can buy waist high compression hose and or an abdominal binder.  People on this forum have also been known to use things like Spanx. But I agree with another person above. Abdominal compression may sometimes worsen digestive issues, so please consult your doctor.  Personally I just find it too uncomfortable so I stuck to thigh high stockings.