Questions for Dr Grubb

Ernie

Hi Ernie,

thank you so much for offering your time on our behalf. That is really sweet of you! The only thing I would like to know from him is: does he know any doctor(s) in my country who could treat me and would have me as his/her patient? And maybe you could give him my best wishes, for his own health. I think he needs, or at least deserves it!

Hope you'll have a very fruitfull visit and that he can give you some more answers.

Have a real safe trip,

Corina

Ernie..

I just wanted to wish you good luck with your app. with Dr. grubb.. and yes if you find that magic pill.. I want some!!! <_<

have asafe trip ernie :P

dizzygirl

i was just about to post a new question, but when i saw your post, i thought to ask my question under yours, i know you dont know me, but there is no way i can travel at all, and i'm in very bad shape, eating is a nightmare for me, i take beta blockers to help with tachy adrenaline response when i eat, but lately the betas arent helping as well, and i'm really at a point that i am just so fed up and dont know what to do, i know i have posted this same question before, but its getting worse, and my local GP doesnt know anything, and this group is all that i have to turn to for help, well, if you could ask him what kind of meds or what to do to help not getting the heart or blood pounding in your head and hands after you eat, i dont even get full and it starts and why inhaling oxygen helps this, and then after the pounding subsides, i get a terrible headache, and just so exhausted from getting so wired and hyper from the adrenaline feeling, this happens everyday, no matter what i eat and its getting worse, i do have low blood volume, and low bp, i am increasing the beta blockers, and so far it hasnt lowered my bp anymore, but dont know of any other meds or what to do about making eating easier, i never eat sugar, or carbs, or fat, and still its miserable, and midodrine didnt help my low bp at all, and i did try procrit shots awhile back, and no improvement either, i do have alot of infections going on, but still i'm getting skinnier and hate being so hungry all the time, and the daily headaches, well, sorry to go on, just really dont know what to do, so any input you could get from Dr. Grubb would be greatly appreciated, i know about post pradial hypotension, but what to do about it?? any input or help would be appreciated, i know some of you have had problems with eating related to the heart and blood flow, i dont have any gastro or mobility problems just heart related, it beats much harder, very painful, in head and hands, and some of you said your eating problems have improved, how did they improve? thanks again for any help and i know you must have plenty of your own problems to discuss with him so i will understand if you cant ask about me, thanks

radha

Ernie,

Good luck with your appointment! I agree with Emily - I hope you get all the answers you want and then some. Also, congratulations on participating in the conference. I didn't get a chance to reply to your other post.

Radha, I am sorry you aren't feeling better. Since you have blood volume issues, I was wondering whether you have ever tried getting saline IV therapy? Just a thought.

-Rita

ernie -

i realize that i may be too late for pre-visit wishes, but wanted to let you know that i'll be thinking of you & sending well-wishes for your trip & your appointment. i hope all of it goes well.

:-)melissa

p.s. while it is so very sweet of you to offer to ask questions for others, i agree that you should spend the appointment on questions for you & only you....that's not to say that the answers can't also help &/or apply to others, but with all the effort for you to get there, this is YOUR appointment. all the best...

i cant get any doc to give me IV saline at home, and i feel bad asking you to ask the doc when you should be spending all this precious time talking about your own problems, i just couldnt resist when you asked if anyone had questions since i'm so desperate, i know i went on and on, sorry!! one sentence, thats hard, anything other than beta blockers to help heart pounding and headaches after eating? but its really ok if you dont ask, i dont expect you to, i wish you all the best,

radha

Hi Radha,

Have you tried calcium blockers?

I would be pleased to help you find a medication with Dr Grubb. It seems that you have tried many medication that do not help you so far. This means that Dr Grubb would have to go over your whole medical history, your tests, check which meds you tried and what were the side effects and the positive effects.

I know you are despererate and I feel for you. I am sorry but I don't have the expertise to be able to represent you for such an important question.

In the meantime I wil be sending positive thought for you so that you improve enough to make the trip to Dr Grubb or that you find a good doctor near your place.

Ernie

no i havent tried calcium channel blockers, i was afraid they would lower my bp too much since i thought they were much stronger than the beta blockers, and i understand that you cant ask dr. grubb for me, no doctor will offer any advice without seeing the patient, but thanks for asking, wish you all the best,

radha