Cooling Vest

I'm guessing like many of you, I have horrible problems with heat, so in preparation for the summer I have asked my doctor to write up a prescription for a medical equipment vendor to help me find a cooling vest... anyone use one and like it or have any recommendations of any brands or types? Or if you struggle with this and have found anything helpful what have you found that works best?! Thanks in advance!

I bought one in 2010 for my Son#2 who has POTS and it was for his wedding use, he was the coolest dude at the Summertime Wedding, it was over 100 F in an outdoor wedding with very high humidity.  He was so impressed that he wore it later when visiting construction sites as he was an engineer and had to go out to the sites once in a while on very hot days.  He had it for many years and eventually it wore out.  He made it thru the wedding with out passing out, can't say the same for the bride!  I brought it to the wedding in an ice cooler, and only recharged it once during the day.

DADofPotsSon

• 2 weeks later...

motorcyclists use cooling vests, but they work best in drier weather as they use evaporative cooling. I have done something like that by wetting my shirt with water and wearing my motorcycle jacket over that with the ends of the sleeves opened so as to let air up the sleeves. it works well when in motoin at highway speeds. I actually can get a chill in 110+ temps. that said, if you live in a humid environment, evaporative cooling doesn't work so well. There's a device called a Veskimo that cools the core. It's basically a vest that has water running through tubes in it and the water is cooled by ice water in an insulated camelback or separate cooler. 

I have no idea if these things work or how well, but I saw a post about hot girl pearls on Facebook.

They are large pearls on necklaces and bracelets, and they are filled with ice pack gel.  You freeze them inside their little pouch.  The pouch is insulated.  You can take them with you when you go out and put them on as needed.

I have a cool shirt system and couldn’t live with out it, I used it in Las Vegas Nv (high heat no humidity) and RDU area NC ( high heat lots of humidity) when we lived in these and many other states. I will say that it is expensive to get the cool shirt system, but I have tried many different types over the years and like this the best. They have vests, shirts, and pants. 

• 1 month later...

Lisajohny543Yeah I am using because I also cant bear heat, for this purpose I am using cooling shirts, I cant post pic here, I purchased it from Reecoupons, and really feel much much better when I wear it and go out side, I really dont feel much heat. I hope It will help you to buy a best one.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:58 PM, FaithAlways said:

I'm guessing like many of you, I have horrible problems with heat, so in preparation for the summer I have asked my doctor to write up a prescription for a medical equipment vendor to help me find a cooling vest... anyone use one and like it or have any recommendations of any brands or types? Or if you struggle with this and have found anything helpful what have you found that works best?! Thanks in advance!

I use one and I got it with a medical discount through an MS site, Active MSers. They test and rate all the different types. Here is a link to their reviews: http://www.activemsers.org/tipstricks/choosingacoolingvest.html

I wouldn’t manage the summer without one.