Did anyone do the exercise protocol and other things to help with anxiety/panic and it failed?

AmyK

Did you eventually have to go on an ssri anyway?  I Have gone that rout before but only for 4 months, and it was nearly 8yrs ago. Would prefer exercise for a serotonin and boost and reset of my nervous system. The celexa I took for a few months definitely worked as I didn't have any more panic and for years! But it was so hard to be on it. I had to take 2 to 3 klonopins to not be in constant anxiety mode while on it. It did work though! Just trying to know if I should spend 5 months or more without it...any experiences welcome! 🙂

In my case I improved enough on Lexapro that I can do mild exercises. The anxiety for me comes when my norepinephrine soars and in between that it's well controlled. Now my sister, who also has POTS, responded amazingly well to Wellbutrin. -- You mention that you had less anxiety on Celexa but also that it was hard to take it because it gave you anxiety. I am not sure if I understand that correctly - did it make the anxiety worse? Or were there other effects from it that made you not tolerate it? -- There are many SSRI's out there and if one is not good for you another one might. If you are able to exercise and you can do deep breathing and meditation etc to control the anxiety it is worth a try. It was never enough for me but it works for others. Best of luck!!!

Hi I don’t think exercise is for a particular symptom but to improve Dysautonomia overall. Dysautonomia can cause some anxiety but people take SSRIs to help with Dysautonomia symptoms (heart rate and blood pressure).  If you have constant anxiety/panic in addition to Dysautonomia that may need to be treated separately.

Thanks for your input Pistol

On 9/3/2018 at 1:24 PM, Pistol said:

In my case I improved enough on Lexapro that I can do mild exercises. The anxiety for me comes when my norepinephrine soars and in between that it's well controlled. Now my sister, who also has POTS, responded amazingly well to Wellbutrin. -- You mention that you had less anxiety on Celexa but also that it was hard to take it because it gave you anxiety. I am not sure if I understand that correctly - did it make the anxiety worse? Or were there other effects from it that made you not tolerate it? -- There are many SSRI's out there and if one is not good for you another one might. If you are able to exercise and you can do deep breathing and meditation etc to control the anxiety it is worth a try. It was never enough for me but it works for others. Best of luck!!!

Thanks for your input! Yes...so far I am ok .  We will see in a few months whether I will need to take something.  The celexa I took was h***. It made my panic worse so doc had me take klonopins (2-3) per day to offset the anxiety! However, after just 4 months I had zero anxiety and titrated off everything and it really did seem to work because for years afterwards I didn't need ANY meds (just workouts and taking care of diet,salt etc...) But it has been over 8 yrs since then...

Odd why I reacted that way but glad it worked. Our bodies are mysteries! Haha