Upper back pain

Yes - I frequently get upper back pain, from mid-back up to my neck and sometimes even across the top of my head. I am not sure if that is how your pain feels. I used to go to chiropractor for this and would get some temporary relief from adjustments. My PCP did an MRI and they found arthritis in my thoracic spine, which is not that common because your thoracic spine usually does not move. I cannot take NSAIDS due to stomach problems so I take 1/2 flexeril at night when it gets bad and I also take Turmeric ( a very strong and proven anti-inflammatory ). I also do some mild exercises and light weight-lifting for upper-back strength and they help as well. I am sorry that your pain gets that bad - have you seen a doc for this yet? -- Best wishes!

Upper back pain is pretty common with POTS. There are a few different reasons for it. Coat hanger pain is frrom poor circulation - just like we don’t get enough blood to our brain it doesn’t go to the upper back.  Even though my POTS is better my upper back still hurts a lot! Also some people with POTS have other co-conditions like EDS which cause pain. If you are saying you pain is worse when lying down, you might want to mention to your doctor. Maybe it’s the pressure on your back from a specific injury.