Faces of DINET

Hi Everyone

I decided this warrants its own topic.

Faces of DINET has gotten a face lift! I am really excited about this new site b/c it is much more user friendly and allows me to categorize your photos, add longer captions, AND it allows you to "comment" on photos, and thus have non-POTS related conversation. Because of this feature, I have stated on the site that comments are still subject to DINET forum rules--e.g., no profanity, religion, politics, etc. But, topics considered off-topic here, may be "discussed" on there.

As an added precaution, I will only provide the URL (webpage address) to registered DINET members. If you want the address, please send me a message via this site and I will respond with the URL. [Click on my user name to the above left, then select "send a personal message" in the "Communicate" box.]

If you want to contribute a new photo to the site, just e-mail it to me at dinetphotos@yahoo.com. If you want a photo deleted, please e-mail me there too. Because of the virtually unlimited space on this site, I will start by allowing you to submit up to two photos per category. (You will see what I mean when you access the site.) Please give me up to a week to add or delete photos.

It is my hope that this will be an enjoyable site for everyone to share their lives a bit more.

Katherine

Guest tearose

Are you saying we have to message you for the URL?

I am still not too esavvy and don't know where the faces of dinet are now.

sorry to be so new to this...

thank you, tearose

Tearose, I'm with you! I didn't know exactly what to do! So I sent Katherine a PM and I got the URL :)

But Katherine, it seems to me that I'm missing some of the photos. I think that has to do with ME and not you, but can you explain it to me? (I'm still a bit mixed up, sorry for that). Thanks for doing so much work for us: I think you are the cat's pyama's (I learned that from Emily, hope I used it right!!! :P ).

Corina

Tearose--Correct and don't apologize. I will send the URL to you in a few minutes. Sorry for the extra step--I am just trying to keep the site limited to registered members by not posting the link on the forum.

corina--to view the photos, once you are on the main photos page, click on a category that you want to see, such as "Forum members". That will bring you to a new page. On the left will be small photos. You can "click" on any of them that you want using your pointer/mouse to see to make them appear larger. Or, you can "scroll" through the photos, by clicking on the arrows at the top of the displayed large photo. There are 3 gallery pages of "forum members" photos, by the way. To see the next page, click on the gallery page number shown as "gallery pages: 1 2 3" at the top left.

I think if you just try pointing and clicking on different things, you will find out how to use it. I'm sure it would be a little easier if some of it could be translated from English.

Thanks for your feedback steph! :P

Katherine

Katherine, thank you so much for this site and your hard work!!! I got tears in my eyes just looking at everyone's faces and putting a name with a face. Aren't we all a bunch of beauties!!!! POTS may make us sick on the inside but we sure are looking good on the outside.

Bless you for this!!! tammy

katherine-

thanks for all of your hard work. it's so great to have all the pics....and updated so quickly too! hope you're feeling a better than earlier in the week...

:-)melissa (fellow marylander!)