need doc in NY

ariella

Hi

My sister needs to investigate the possibility of POTS. She has been having several abnormal ekg's which are puzzling the doc because the heart itself is healthy. (mostly T-waves) She has also had gastro issues for years, also of unknown origin. She is in NYC and covered with GHI.

thanks

Ariella

Wish I could help you here. I am also in NY and have not found anyone yet who is both compassionate and knowledgable with dysautonomia. I go to the Autonomic center in Ala. 1x a year and keep my fingers crossed the other 11mths of the year.

If I hear of anyone I will let you know also.

It's called the Mitral Valve Prolapse and Autonomic Disorders Center of Ala. It's in Birmingham. About 15 yrs ago I was diagnosed with MVP. I had panic/anxiety, racing heart, low b/p, palpitations, heat/exercise intolerance,,a whole slew of symptoms. I went down there because that is what they dealt with, Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome, which the syndrome is dysautonomia. They did a tilt table test, and some other tests plus excercise/breathing test where they check your oxygen levels while doing a stress test. I try to go down 1 a year to go over my meds, symptoms etc. and any testing that needs to be redone. I can call them anytime and they get back to me. It's a far trip but so far I have not found anyone local who even believes in dysautonomia,,I should rephrase that, I have been told by dr's that if I do indeed have it I would be very bad off. <_< It's either black or white with them,,no gray, and that is where I fall.

I'm just glad I have a dr somewhere who believes me :)