How do I know what is best for me?

Ernie

Guest Mary from OH

Ernie-

I am so sorry to hear of your sister's death. Now you are faced with a difficult decision. Only your heart can tell you what to do. If you are not able to go, I agree that some kind of written tribute would be wonderful if you like. Or you could paint or anything else you like to do. Something from your heat. Please know that I am here for you and am saddened by your news. But remember that a joy shared is a joy doubled and a sorrow shared is a sorrow halved. We will all help you unburden your spirit. You have had such a touch time lately. Take care of yourself and whatever decision you make; it's the right one for you!!!

:rolleyes:

Hi,

Thank you so much for all your support and advice. I am so impressed by all your posts that I don't have any words to express my deep feelings.

You are all so caring and understanding. I have read all your answers and meditated on it. I went for a ride beside the river and made my decision while I was there.

I have called my sisiter who is in charge of organising everything. I have discussed this situation with her. She has POTS and syncope too so she understands my problem. She has seen me faint often so she knows what I have to deal with. I had promised her that I would go to the funeral for moral support because we have a close relationship. She admitted to me tonight that the thought of having me faint during the ceremony worries her so much that she could faint beside me and then it would be so much more difficult for the rest of the family.

I told her that I would go to show her how much I care for her and love her and she said that she prefers I don't go because she loves me and she does not want me to be sicker. So we agreed that it was better I stay in Montreal. So we will do our mourning together on the phone every day for the next week. We are going through the same emotions with my sister's death so we will be helping each other this way.

The funeral will be Wednesday afternoon at 3:00 in Ottawa.

Thanks to all of you for helping me through this difficult decision.

Ernie

My thoughts are with you as you deal with this loss.

I was out of town yesturday and didn't get to log onto the board.

It may be too late as you may have already had to make a decision.

Of course you are the only one that can make a decision but someone once gave me this piece of advice and it really helped me.... Do what you think will leave you with NO regret or as little regret as possible in the future.

Maybe you could go and plan to spend overnight somewhere to give your body time to rest. If you can't go maybe the funeral home or a friend or family member could videotape the service for you.

Do the best you can to take care of yourself and listen to your body and what it needs.

Ernie,

Just read your post. My heart goes out to you and your family. Talking with your sister about what to do was a great idea. There really is no "wrong" decision. Always remember that. You know your body better than anyone.

I will be praying for you and your family at 3 today(I saw where you said it was ok for prayers). I am so sorry you are going through this. Please keep in touch with us and let us know how you are doing.

May peace be with you and your family in your time of sorrow. Try and remember the good times and have someone with you today if possible, if not, we are with you.

Many many hugs,

Danelle

Guest Mary from OH

Ernie-

It sounds like you and your other sister have made a wonderful plan. I pray that you share your sister's memory together and remember the good times fondly and forget and forgive the "past wrongs". I am grateful that you were able to come to an agreement that was comfortable for everyone, especially you. May your sister rest in peace. On Wednesday, my family will say a special prayer of rememberance for your sister and one of healing for you and your family. I pray that you and your other sister's dysautonomia symtoms are not too exacerbated by your other sister's death.

May you have peace and comfort remembering your sister.

Take care of yourself and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

Ernie,

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. That's a lot of losses in too short a time. I will be thinking of you, and was glad to see that you have worked out a good plan that will honor your sisters' wishes and keep you safe at home.

Amy

Hi everyone,

I am deeply touch by all your answers and support. You really made a difference in my life. I can feel all your caring.

I called my sister last nigth and we discussed the funeral. I cried part of the night and focused on how you care and love me. This morning I felt better.

I want to reassure you: This sister did not have POTS.

Ernie

Ernie,

Sorry to be so late here with my sympathies. I just want to let you know how much I have been thinking about you. You have endured so much loss in the last year.

You made your decision about the funeral with love, wisdom and kindness...and that is what matters. I am so grateful that you found a way to grieve with you other sister without the travel. I know that doesn't make the loss any less though...

I cannot imagine what you are going through...but wanted to offer my support. It is so clear how much you are loved here by all of the responses...hold on to that in these trying times...

Emily