Do We Get Palpitations?!

Do we all have palpitations?!  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definitely have an arrhythmia, but no specific type has ever been identified. IIRC it was just too random for them to attach a specific type to it.

As far as passing out due to palpitations, I've passed out while having palpitations, but I wouldn't say I passed out due to them. The palpitations were more secondary to everything else which was going on.

During my waking hours, I am usually in bigeminy or trigeminy. When I had surgery last year, I remained in bigeminy even under anesthesia (when I came to in Recovery, I could hear the anesthetist and the nurses discussing me!) As far as I know, I have no symptoms from the arrhythmia, it's just an everyday annoyance. I've had echo, stress test, etc and my cardiologist isn't concerned at all with the rhythm.

I have palpitations daily, both PVCs and PACs. I also have non sustained v-tach occasionally. I had an ablation in December 2011 for SVT because I was having episodes of it 3-5 times a week. Since then, I've only had one short episode of SVT in February of this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

yes to PVCs; i experience thousands per day: anywhere from 3,000 to 14,500 (recent holter) my EP is pushing

ablation--since i do not tolerate BBs. the breathlessness i experience with PVCs is the most bothersome aspect for me.

Lots of PVCs, some in short runs, some PACs. I think that's what showed up on my 24 hour monitor last year. They seem to go in waves, like for a month or so I'll have lots of them then they calm down. The cardiologist I was seeing told me my heart "probably" does this all the time and that it's not abnormal and that I must be "very sensitive" and "hyperaware" of each skipped beat. <_<

I wasn't sure how to answer the 2nd question above. I've had plenty of syncope, some with asystole. I don't think it's "from" an arrhythmia. The folks who did my tilt table test didn't mention any arrhythmias even on the test where I got syncopal. In general though, I've haven't been wearing monitoring when faints happen, at least not at the start. I sometimes end up covered in wires (PICC line placement gone bad...)

• 2 weeks later...

I did the holter monitor deal. Whenever I was having my worse episodes the holter monitor correlated, my heart rate dropped to the 30s for about 10 secs then shot up to 180s. My blood pressure's dropped at the same time. but there wasn't any ventricular or atrial irregularities other than bradycardic then tachycardic