How Fast Does Your Hr Get? Any Ways To Slow To Down At Its Worst?

I'm finding that my HR has been getting faster and faster -- It used to be 70-80 sitting, about 120 standing. Now it is zooming to 100-110 sitting and 140-150 standing. Because my blood pressure seems to be dipping too, I can't take the same amount of beta blocker to control the HR. But because it sometimes goes high for a short time, I haven't been put on any of the usual pots drugs.

Any suggestions?

The fastest I've seen mine was 190 in the Er..it get up to 130-150 daily. I was told to bear down like your having a bowel movement (tmi sorry) and that's suppose to help. I just lay down with a good book or take a relaxing bath to calm myself down :)

I've seen mine at 180 out of basically nowehre and it felt pretty terrifying. It'll occasionally go 160 just standing on a bad day. Mostly more like 120/130 I'd say. Sitting it's usually in the 80s, and 60s/70s lying down. But it varies from time to time.

My average resting HR is 97. In the mornings right when I wake up, it hovers around 140 for an hour or two. With even a tiny bit of exertion (walking more quickly than usual, riding my bike, bending over to pick something up) it easily reaches 195.

The only thing that I've found that helps is laying down until it slows. When it gets that bad I will guzzle a litre of water and as many cans of V8 juice as I can handle, but that's not always helpful.

For me drinking a glass of water fast and lying/sitting down slows things down immediately.

As soon as lie down, as long as it's not hot, my HR goes back to 50/55, that, at least, is constant. Standing in mornings is up to 120s. Moving arms can take it up to 130s. I'm taking beta blockers to help control this symptom.

• 1 month later...

Fluid and lying down also bot help me. Breathing calmly (not sure if meditative) can lower it but only till I stop paying attention and not consistently. B-blockers lower the most, and propranolol seems to work with me the best, but lowering the HR with a B-blocker does not always leave me feeling better. (even though HR is lower) My BP does not drop standing ( I was told Hyperadrenergic type though have not had a standing NE test_) Can your doctor use something that keeps pressure up along with a beta blocker?

Highest recorded on a holter: 160 However, I know it's been higher than that. When I have bad tachycardia "episodes" I sit down, take a deep breathe in, hold it, and then let it out, and then repeat. Then I proceed to slowly lay down and relax and drink as much water as possible. It seems to help quite a bit! :)

My rate is usually 60s to 70s when lying down, 80s to 90s sitting quietly and ranges from 110 to 150 depending on activity level (standing and washing dishes it's around 110; if I'm up and down the stairs doing laundry, it will hit the high range). Like everyone else, if I sit or lie down, usually with a fan blowing on me, it will calm down. Because of a gastric issue, I can't guzzle a lot of fluids at one time or I get super nauseous, but I will try to get a little extra water down.

When lying down it's 65-70, when I am sitting it sometimes (recently!) stays at this level or goes up to 75. After sitting longer than 30-40 minutes, it will start to steadily climb, at least up to 85. When standing, it will go up to 80/85, recently going back down (!) to 75/80 when I keep standing still without any movements for some minutes. When I start walking, or doing other tasks (washing dishes f.e.) it will steadily rise up to 115/120. The only way to bring it back down is going supine.

Without a beta blocker: laying or sitting is around 100, standing and slow walking is 120-130, walking up stairs or a hill is 160-170. It also goes to about 120 when I roll over in bed. With a beta blocker: laying or sitting is 60-75, standing and slow walking 85-95, can't get above 135-140 even with vigorous exercise. A beta blocker has been the only thing to ever slow down my heart rate. Exercise helps stabilize my bp but not heart rate.

Why do so many of us get tachycardia from simply rolling over in bed?? (happened to me too prior to my betablocker).

There is no orthostatic aspect at all, no change in gravity, thus no blood pooling, etc.

This particular phenomenon actually makes the whole medical definition of pots quite absurd!?

My docs say that it's inappropriate sinus tachycardia (IST) causing my heart rate to increase when rolling over in bed or just moving without standing. With IST, the sinus node in the heart is very sensitive to adrenaline, which is released when you move. So when you roll over in bed, your heart over reacts to the adrenaline and causes tachycardia. Since beta blockers block the affect of adrenaline on the heart, it doesn't increase as drastically with simple movements.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has their heart rate drastically increase just by rolling over. I've been thinking mine is IST too as its not just postural it's whenever I move at all.