Newly Diagnosed...still Dizzy

Clb75

Hello, I'm newly diagnosed with POTS. I'm on atenelol and midodrine and can sit up for about 40 minutes before I get dizzy again and have to lay back down. I'm drinking water, and trying to eat more salt too. Does the dizziness go away? Any ideas on something else I can try? Thanks.

dizziness comes and goes. certain things can trigger spells which is different for everyone. with my dizziness I drink Gatorade. my cardiologist actually has me drinking two 20 ounce bottles of Gatorade a day. also there are things called seabands which you wear on the boat to help motionsickness and they help anxiety too . they are blue wrist badns that have a pressure point you wear them both on your wrists and tat is supposed to help. And I know this is weird but my cardiologist told me that sitting around all day and laying all day makes me worse so maybe you can try walking a little bit around your room maybe if yo ur really dizzy take an office chair to be your guide and walk around your room for 10 minutes every couple of hours or something like that. I hope you feel better soon!!

Unfortunately, the dizziness seems to be one of those stubborn symptoms that nothing seems to help, entirely.

There are lots of medications for you to try, however. Check with your GP or cardiologist. They will want to make sure you are drinking enough water and getting enough salt as a first line treatment. You can also try compression stockings to see if they help.

It may also help to define more specifically what you mean by 'dizzy.' Is it light-headedness? Brain fog? Room-spinning? Spots in your vision? Try to keep a log.

Dizziness, light-headedness, and vertigo have been big issues for me, and they flare every so often over the years. I have found a combination of meds and diet that works for me, but everyone is different.

The biggest things that help for me are making sure I am very well hydrated, taking Fludrocortisone, and cutting gluten out of my diet. I would say that with these treatments, I've improved my dizziness/light-headedness and brain fog about 80%.

Thank you all for your comments. I see my cardiologist in a few days and will talk to him but I wasn't sure if this was something that goes away with the right treatment or something that is always there. I guess it's different for everyone. I'll see what my doctor says Friday.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Have you tried alternating water and G2 throughout the day. My son does this and I think this is what helps him with dizziness. It's tough trying to keep the electrolytes in balance. Glad to hear that you have found a doctor that will help with treatment. Keeping a medical log does help and can be helpful to your doctor.

Rachel