Guafanessen (Sp?) For Colds

gertie

I'm getting over a cold and was able to take guafenesin (sp) with no problems. I could also take Benadryl at night. And I took Delsym for cough with no problems.

What's weird is that my shortness of breath seemed better when I was sick. Now that I'm feeling better, it's coming back, seemingly worse than before :(

I think the cold symptoms just masked my regular symptoms maybe???

Be careful with over the counter medications. Ask your doctor first.

Rachel

In this boat now, seeing as I came down with something on Saturday, and it's just getting worse. Extremely symptomatic on top of this cold. I can't get an answer out of my doctor on what I can take... I usually take DayQuil and NyQuil for this mess, but really afraid to this year given my current status.

I know how you feel Alicia, I've been having a lot of seizures lately with triggers and such. I just broke down and bought some more Vicks vaporub and will be using that on my chest with some moist heat to open up this congestion until my doctor can tell me what I can use.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Definitely best to check with your doc about what to take given your many bad reactions to meds.

Personally when I took this last year with pneumonia, I had better BP readings than I usually have even on midodrine. I've read some things suggesting it might be helpful for SOME POTS patients due to various mechanisms it works on, but when you know you have as many issues as you have, much safer to check with your doc first.