Urinate A Lot

andybonse

When you pee those three times, is it "alot", or do you go frequently but in small amounts?

Might want to google "urinary retention", "overactive bladder", and "neurogenic bladder". My problem is I go about every hour, but it is not very much. I also have pain that I didnt associate with a full bladder. I am thinking my problem has been from urinary retention.

I would suggest seeing a urologist if you think you might have a problem

I stopped peeing all .y water when I started taking more electrolytes. To be specific, potassium, magnesium and calcium. I also take vitamin d. I would drink water and like 5/10 mins later pee it all. Now I pee normal.

BUT.... I still get dehydrated rediculously easy.. weird
Honestly I dont believe salt works (for me) or is healthy. I feel awful when I over salt and too much sodium unbalances the electrolytes and It depletes potassium.

You might want to have your glucose tested since diabetes gives that symptome. Other than that, its probably just pots related.

Edited by corina
medical advice

I can't believe I am admitting this but I am now peeing my pants!!! I am only 32 yrs old and you would think I am 102 :(

Ill go a few days where I think it's going away and then it will come back!! Sometimes it's just a little bit and others it's a lot. But it's strange because I will have no Idea that I am peeing!! I will stand up and go uh oh. I wear a pad and that pretty much takes care of the problem. There has only been once where I was was not passed out that I totally lost bladder control. Mostly it is just leaking.

I have been checked for a UTI ect. To rule out infection. They were all normal.

Here is the frustrating part.... It seems to hit me on my good days! So when my other symptoms are good then the bladder is bad.

So basically what we all already realized.....

POTS/DYSAUTONOMIA IS NOT FOR WHIMPS

Akgirl, thats sort of what I get with what is being called "overflow incontinence". I have no idea I am leaking or can feel the full bladder until it gets to maximum capacity. They are saying it is from a lack of being able to sense them. So yes, you are not alone, I am around the same age and must use "underwear" when I go out of the house. Things could be worse, I am just lucky we have this "discreet" modern technology, imagine life without it :o

Just you guys imagine, if pots can damage nerves like bladder.. it can mess up nerves in real important places aka our hearts? Omg.. I sometimes get a cold water splash/drop sensation in my heart area.. its just awful is this possible!?

Salt salt salt. Is you're sodium good from a PCP perspective, or a POTS neuro perspective? That is one big factor. I was urinating 6 liters a day, and had a very high sodium diet. Well according to mayo, it still wasn't enough, so now I'm popping thermotabs like candy and trying to eat even saltier, my urine volume is going down quite nicely.

Salt has been huge for me. I don't take the tabs though. It's not true that a high salt diet =high blood pressure. You can have high blood pressure problems if you have edema.

Salt lowers my blood pressure. A good nephrologist can explain the connection between salt and blood pressure.

Like you I am hyper pots- as per mayo clinic. I salt my food and drink salty drinks. Hopefully you can work towards that as the salt tabs can be hard on your stomach. I have a more than one sea salt grinder in my kitchen.

I do know the last time I went into the er- my sodium was low. I can't get lazy about it. Give yourself time and suddenly you will realize that you aren't looking for a bathroom every 30 min.

Consider monitoring your "free water" intake. I can easily drink too much water. Even if your salt intake is high, too much water will lead to low blood sodium. Mayo told me to limit plain water to 50% of what I drink. The difference is huge.

Edited by corina

I started peeing wayyyy less often when I started taking potassium, magnesium and vitamin d. I feel that too much salt is damaging to the kidneys. It also gets me stressed and brings my hr pretty high. My intuition twlls me that too much salt is not a good idea. Its not good to have an imbalance of ANY electrolyte, including Sodium. My potassium is always a little under the norm. Potassium is a pretty difficult electrolyte to balance because it has a very narrow allowance. A little too much can cause all sorts of havoc and a liitle too little can too. Thats why it isn't recommended to take it in supplement form, but rather eat food high in it.

Edited by corina

Yes I agree, any imbalance of any electrolyte can be dangerous. Most natural foods have a natural level of sodium though. I just font personally believe that this salt overloading is a good idea unless you are naturrally sodium deficient. Have in mind, too much sodium flushes out potassium and there starts a dominoe effect of unbalanced electrolytes. They all work with eachother, a healthy balance would be best. Thats my thinking though. My doctor also told me to take salt/tablets and I did, my body wasn't happy.That's my experience. If salt makes you feel better, great. I wish it did the same for me.

I dont know if I'm hyper pots.. All I know is I have pots, I'm borderline Chiari, I dont have a pheocromocytoma. I also suspect some eds.

Edited by corina

@Hanice I can't speak about salt tabs because I've never used them. I remember your post about increasing your salt by eating processed food (I think it was Cheetos). I may have the wrong snack food- and if I do my apologies. I personally use natural sea salt.

Edited by corina

Also - are you sure that salt "flushes out potassium"? I thought it was the other way around. Potassium can lower blood pressure and make pots worse.

My doctor told me that too much salt will cause the kidneys to waste potassium. He wanted/s me to increase salt intake but not excessively. It's hard to know what to do sometimes.