So, Have You Had Your Kidneys Checked Yet?

Guest maia

So, have you had your kidneys checked yet?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its been a month and a half since i posted about finding the cause of my 'pots' and 'dysautonomia' and everything else that has gone along with it. Im wondering how many of you have had yours checked.

Baffled? good, that would be yet another reason to investigate more, and if he looks at you crooked, look right back at him crooked and ask for the orders. He works for you. Good luck!

They do. Its taking a while though because so many of the tests were screwed up. Im going for more next week so the surgeon can confirm with his own eyes where everything is/goes and neuro wants another test but its in another state and i cant find a way to get there... Thank you for asking, im hanging in there. Its a daily rollercoaster of symptoms lately but i finally have some help in the house which is a huge blessing.

Yep! My left kidney is fine but my right kidney is an ectopic kidney I think? It's not in the correct spot- it's by my belly button. All of the doctors I have seen say it can't cause problems, but I'm still going to look into it further.

Yep! My left kidney is fine but my right kidney is an ectopic kidney I think? It's not in the correct spot- it's by my belly button. All of the doctors I have seen say it can't cause problems, but I'm still going to look into it further.

Im so glad you found it puppylove! OH YES IT CAN! And it does!! And you can use me as proof.

My right kidney was checked during a liver/gallbladder ultrasound and deemed okay, but oddly they didn't check my left kidney.

Was it checked standing?

No, it was checked lying on my back and left side. They did the test to compare my liver and gallbladder to other scans I had done. They were checking to see if my liver mass had grown any (it didnt!), and that my gallbladder was not becoming enlarged.

I just finished reading the other thread on what is going on, WOW! I am having urinary problems, and will be seeing a urologist soon. I am certain I will be sent for more scans to check my kidneys. I will be sure to ask about the standing scan. I do get pain in my kidney area on my left side, and cant sleep on that side.

• 7 months later...

This is all interesting to me. I went through the battery of tests as a 17 year old before finally being properly diagnosed a decade later. Anyway one thing I vaguely recall is an IMA physician informing me I have an "extra" renal artery but he didn't seem concerned about it. Does anyone know if that could be an issue as well?

• 2 weeks later...