MRI

morgan617

:angry: Had my MRI today and now get to wait and hear that everything is normal, so I can just live with this intractable pain. Will not expect it to show anything, as nothing ever does, however this particular pain is really bumming me out, as it affects what little sleep I get and my walking abilities, which are already about nil. I told the gal today I was sorry I even had it it done, and then tried to explain that I didn't want anything wrong, but if nothing is wrong, I certainly don't want the pain. I thought I sounded like a psychopath, but she said so many people say the same thing, that having a terrible diagnoses is better than, just live with it. I took one look at that stupid MRI machine and said, GIVE ME DRUGS... I can not go in those things. So they just gave me a little tiny dose and I got through it. She said, well if you weren't such a munchkin, you wouldn't have to go all the way in, which made me laugh. I told them I used to taller. 5'1, now am 4'11. You have to go in the machine 4.5 feet. Dang.... Then went for a pap higher than a kite. Interesting day.....If you don't hear from me with results, you will know I am wallowing in my bowl of self pity over my cruddy fate in life. :blink: morgan,the pain in the groin

You and I are now the same height! And, if I keep shrinking, the doctors' staff wont be able to see me from behind the counter.

Now, let's all start singing:

"We represent the lollipop guild,

the lollipop guild, the lollipop guild.

And, in the name of the lollipop guild,

We'd like to welcome you to MUNCHKIN land!"

Hi Morgan,

I don't know what might be causing your pain but I get pain in the groin,hip, thigh, pelvic area and when this started first occuring, after many, many exhausting tests(which were quite painful) I found out that the pain was referred pain coming from the spine pinching nerves and inflamming everything only mine was all right sided. I orginally did not have any pain in the spine area to begin with so no one thought of that area as the culprit but they were looking at all of the other areas which was NOT fun. I wish you the best of luck and hope they find out whats going on soon.

Hey Morgan, did Nina cheer you up enough????

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I hope you'll feel some better soon. Just a question: what is a munchkin???? Never heard of that one before. Has it to do with length?

I always feel a bit embarrased to ask these kind of questions because I don't know whether it's some kind of joke or something :blink: . Well, we all can use a good laugh don't we?!

Corina

(wish I knew something funny to say, but I can't think of something, so I'll stick to wishing you a sunny day!!!)

Corina!!! You haven't seen The Wizaed of Oz? I thought everyone in the universe had by now. It's a very old movie which is still shown at least once a year here in the U.S. about a girl who gets caught in a tornado, hit on the head, and winds up in a land called OZ. The first people she meets are little people, called munchkins and she's in munchkin land. They all sing that song Nina printed in voices that sound like they've been sucking on helium all day. The star is Judy Garland , who was very famous here in the states when I was little, (Iam 50) she killed herself in the 60's I believe. She was about 14 or so when she made the movie, it was a musical. So now you know what a munchkin is, another wrinkle in the brain. I guess I just assumed the entire earth had seen this movie because they still play it so often here. I haven't watched it in years, I can't believe you knew the words Nina! So, don't feel bad Corina, it's an American thing, and you're from the Netherlands right? morgan

yes Morgan, I?m from the Netherlands. And ofcourse I?ve heard about the Wizard of Oz, but I?ve never seen it. So I thought munchkin was some kind of funny word. But I very much like to learn your American expressions. Emily always says I?m gonna hit the hay and I once asked her what it meant. It was totally different from what I thought but unfortunately I?ve already forgotten it. Aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh my memory!!!!

Corina

Hi, Corina. Here's something to help you remember. Imagine a farm ... Now imagine someone with POTS spending a few hours raking or baling hay or feeding hay to the farm animals. Now imagine that person fainting from exhaustion (or orthostatic intolerance). She'll hit the hay alright ... and while she's down, she might as well stay asleep for a while! :) Hitting the hay, as Emily says, is going to bed. What do you say in Dutch?

Best,

Merrill

PS Can you rent movies there? If so, you've just gotta see The Wizard of Oz! It's what you call a classic... :)

Hey Merrill,

YESSSSS we can rent movies. Boy you made me laugh so loud that my husband's asking what's going on. But serious, we don't walk on wooden shoes anymore, we have television, CD and DVD AND we can rent movies. To be honest we love to watch movies. I think the best one I saw lately was Million dollar baby. But now I will certainly rent The wizard of Oz, you all make me very curious!!!

By the way Merrill, how are you doing these days? It was funny that you wrote this, because I was thinking about you.

Morgan, sorry this is all off topic, you know, I really love you guys!!!

Corina

You know guys, I find it so amazing that just one year ago I had never heard of POTSPlace and I didn't know all off you, and now it seems you are my best friends while I'm on the other side of the world. Sometimes I can hardly believe it. But sometimes I can hardly believe what POTS is doing to all of us :) . Finding this Place is the best thing that happened to me (after my husband and children ofcourse, just in case they read this :):P )

Corina

Corina, Some people back East in the USA have asked me if we have roads and stuff. I am so serious. I say oh no, that would make it too easy for our covered wagons!!!! :) It's funny, our perceptions of places and people, and actualities of them. Although I've always loved the wooden shoes too. And changing threads has never bothered me, this is actually a pretty funny kittle one going on here! :) morgan

Well, I am from Texas and guess what, people all think we wear cowboy boots and ten gallon hats and say things like "ahhh, shucks"!!!

Corina, it is so good to hear you sounding light hearted. Your spirit is definitely in a better place and I hope that means you are feeling a little better these days. Now don't let anyone else here read this...but... I am probably one of a very few people who didn't like Wizard of Oz...scared me as a little kid....but remember not a word to Nina or Morgan!!

btw, WHAT is this post supposed to be about???? (LOL)

Guest tearose

Hey I love the wooden shoes I have that say "Holland" on them! You mean you don't wear them Corina? :)

Morgan, have you ever had a CT to look at the groin pain? How about your plumbing down there? Is your colon possibly kinked or something?

regards, tearose

Yeah, that's the ticket, back to the main post. :lol: I had a colonoscopy 2 months ago, a pelvic yesterday, and yes I was really loopy, he kept laughing at me but I can't remember why, Lord only knows :) So I have no idea. My primary called today and said my osteopenia is totally unacceptable and has put me on a new med that you only take once a month. To build up these bones, I'm so high risk for hip fracture and I fall down all the time. :o I went to the orthopod today and asked for my report, but they hadn't gotten it yet. GEEZ, do they know what our temperaments can be like :angry: I get really cranky when my questions today aren't answered yesterday. ;) So hope to hear tomorrow, but know it will be a negatory, then I'll just be in a worse funk. Oh my life is such a vicious cycle of something pooey.....I need something so not good for me, like a big chocolate sundae or something, yeah that's the ticket.....morgan