Florinef

Roselover

Hi everyone,

I've been searching the archives about Florinef and I haven't found the answer to this question, so I thought I would ask you all to give me input. I understand that the dosing of Florinef really depends on the person, but I am very curious what types of doses are you are all taking.

I am on .2/day, one in morning and one in eve. I started with this dose, then it was increased to .4 which I think is really really high. Then it was lowered to .3, which I also thought was high and I've now lowered to .2 again.

So how much is alot, and how much do you take???

Thanks for sharing your personal info with me!

Hi Roselover..I take florinef..but I can only tolerate a very small dose! I take 1/4 of a 0.1mg tablet a day. A whole tablet knocked me out..and the 1/2 tab made me anxious and shakey...I don't seem to be able to tolerate meds. as much as some people on the forum. It has helped a little bit..in combo. with salt tablets..I may go to twice a day eventually. Hope this helps! B)

My daughter Rachel takes .1mg 1x a day. It helps her some - though she is still primarily homebound. She tried to increase the dose but got severe headaches. At least now she can go up and down the stairs without feeling as if she is having a heart attack.

Louise

My cardio put me on .1 tablet once a day a couple of weeks after getting sick, which I think is the recommended starting dose. It was later increased to .1 twice/day. The florinef really did help me, with minimal side effects. But my cardio didn't tell me that I was supposed to have high salt and wear compression hose on top of the florinef. I later saw a POTS dr who told me to add these, and I wound up with BP spikes and had to wean off the florinef. I now manage my condition with salt, compression hose and beta blocker.

I take .1 to .2 mg daily depending on how I feel when I get up in the morning and how I am feeling during the day. And what the weather is doing. My doctor basically put my florinef and midodrine dosages in my hands because I know how I am feeling and what works and what doesn't.

Shelby