Another Metoprolol Topic

kalamazoo

So I got prescribed metorpolol 25 mg extended release about a month ago. I took it once and then half hour later had an episode of basically pounding and racing heart. It's hard to say whether it was a panic attack it the medicine. Since I do have a pill phobia. Has this happened to anyone else. And If youve taken metorpolol what are your reactions?

Kalamazoo,

I am a pillphobe too. My husband says I have self fullfilling prophecy as I always read about the side effects and if there is some whacky thing on there, I will experience it! I get really anxious taking any new medication, especially since I've had some negative reactions in the past. I try to take any new meds on the weekend when hubby is home in case anything were to happen.

I take Metoprolol 25mg 3x/daily. I have never had a problem and I've been on it for about two years now. I also take Xanax which, I think has helped me tremendously.

I know just how you feel. If you have any questions about your reactions don't hesitate to call your doctor. Sometimes a call to the pharmacist can help as well just to ask if what you are experiencing is "normal".

Hope you get some answers and feel better soon. :)

I am on Metoprolol 50 mg. I find that it really helps me. Thank God for it!! When I started it, I had been averaging 2 ER visits a week. Then within a week, I was feeling soo much better! Not 100 %, but a lot better. It cut my ER visits down to about 1 every 2 months or so. After that, my Cardi doc prescribed 0.05 mg Florinef. Those two pills are life savers. I still have symptoms on a daily basis, but they are more manageable. I am still unable to work, but at least I am not house bound or bed ridden anymore. Life is still a challenge- making sure I do not overdue it, have low-key days in-between days where I have visitors or events. However, without Metoprolol and Florinef I would be miserable every day.

I take 1/2 of 25 mg in a.m. and 1/2 in p.m. When I initially started taking it, they had me take a whole pill at night. I felt terrible. Some people thought it was just my fear of pills, or just part of whatever was wrong with me. But I still think it was the pill. I would get really dry, eyes, throat, nose and it felt like my throat was closing up. Also felt like my heart was pounding.

I was told to take 1/2 of it and it didn't seem as bad, and then we added 1/2 in morning. I will say that the morning dose is taken with cardera and often I will feel very tired for a couple hours after taking it. But I hate to say this, I feel like I will jinx myself, it does seem to be helping me.