The "meet Others" Program

friday7

Hey, I think whenever someone in your vicinity signs up that you are sent an email with their name and email address (I've gotten several for Atlanta GA). I bet that doesn't account for people already on the board though. So, good question! Hope someone else can answer your question

Misstraci is right with her answer. I have met many wonderful new friends of people who live near me. : )

Hi Friday,

When someone joins Meet Others, his/her email address is sent to everyone else in the state who is already in Meet Others. This is the only way we pass on contact information now.
We are no longer able to send out contact information to those who request a listing for their state, and we are not able to send email addresses of "old" Meet Others members to those who are new members. We had to make this change for security reasons, and I'm sorry that it has to be this way. There were too many new members who were joining just to spam everyone in their state with a miracle "cure" or something else that they were selling. We received a lot of complaints about this, which led to the change. The only contact information given out now is that of the new members. When someone in your area joins, you will be sent an email with their contact information. It is up to the old members to contact the new members who join.
We are wanting to revamp the program to make it more user friendly and allow members to block others, initiate contact, keep email addresses private, etc. It's a big project, though, so it will take a while.

Rachel

Thank you Rachel,

I totally understand why you would have stopped the way you used to do it. I hate those spammers.

I hope you can figure out a way to do it in the future so that we can get a listing of all the people who put their names in for the meet others program in our area. Is there maybe a way you could give that info out to members who request it in a PM?I suppose you might get spammers that way but it requires a little more effort to do, so I thought it might be worth thinking about.

I should have saved those email one at a time, but I didn't so now I can only contact new members.:(

I was thinking it would be helpful to have addresses of all of the people in our area to maybe start a group or meetup. I know some members aren't able to do that but some are. Or it just would be nice to see if anyone is really close to where i live..That way if you strike up a friendship you might be ore able to meet up if you want.

Anyway thanks for explaining . Again I totally understand. I hate those kind of people that use a group to push their own agenda.

• 2 years later...

How do I find this Meet others thing. I am interested! I am good with sharing my info and others contacting me.

Loulou

• 1 year later...