Burning Skin Sensations,???? Please Help

boymommy3

I get burning sensations on my skin a lot, but I have had it head to toe since last night. I did not sleep AT ALL. Sometimes my skin feels hot to the touch but not all the time. Sometimes I feel super hot but not always. It's never lasted this long before!!!!

Everytime I tried to relax and go to sleep I would get this weird pluse/surge??? It seems electrical almost. Everytime it happens I feel my fight or flight response coming on. WHAT IS THIS????

My husband said my bp is 118/88 and my temp is 96.1

CAN ANYONE HELP MY UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS IS?????

It's making me feel like I am coming out of my skin.

Please, I hope someone can help me with this.

So sorry you are dealing with this boymommy :(

I do not have the all over sensation that you explain, but there are times when areas on my skin feel hot, like someone placed something hot on my skin. They are usually small areas the size of a half dollar to the size of a tennis ball. Hard to explain, they come out of nowhere and it just feels as though someone put something hot on me. It only lasts for a few seconds though and with no explanation. It is usually someplace on my arm or leg. This is rather new to me, over the last several months, so I've never brought it up to the dr.

Hope you get some answers.

Feel better :)

Good morning boymommy. To me this sounds like something like inflammed nerves. Have you had more stress added to your body lately? Might try some ice on a spot and see if that helps. POTS has so many strange symptoms. Sorry you are in this kind of pain. Hope you feel better soon.

Boymommy3:

My daughter gets the same kind of skin burning sensation and electrical shock sensation. I don't know what causes it. The skin burning sensation she has had pretty much since she developed POTS. The electrical shock sensation has been a new development over the last 6 months. Sorry I don't have an answer for you (I wish I did!!!!)

Pam

I've dealt with something similar while withdrawing from klonopin. I've seen a neuro who acknowledged the symptom and assured me it will go away. Sure enough it did, but it was quite nasty and scary while it lasted. According to the dr I've seen my body - particularly my nervous system was craving the benzo and was reacting to the fact that I wasn't feeding it anymore.

The only thing that has helped me was Solarcaine - a gel used for sunburns containing lidocaine - a topical analgesic. You can find it at CVS or Walgreens, and I believe even Walmart carries it. I believe that there are other local analgesic ointments containing lidocaine that are sold over the counter that you might try to see if you get any relief of your symptoms.

I've also tried with no luck hot baths, cold showers, icy-hot creams, otc pain killers, prescription pain killers and benadryl.

Can you get an appointment to a neurologist? I think this is the 'right' type of dr to see with these types of problems. If you can find one that specializes in POTS, or is familiar with POTS, that would be a bonus.

Sorry you're suffering like this. Hope you feel better soon.

Alex

Given that I've been experiencing something similar during clonidine withdrawal, I'd hazard a guess it might be due to norepinephrine surges, I also get the electrical surge feeling, plus sudden 'explosions' of tinnitus' (catecholemine levels rise dramatically when you stop taking clonidine). During the 2 years I was on clonidine, all of these things were completely suppressed, having experienced them regularly for many years before. I think it's all entirely consistent with POTS.

I also get burning sensations in peripheries, particularly on areas of my face, again I think they are due to Raynaud's type vasospasm/hypoxic nerves secondary to high levels of or hyper-sensitivity to norepinephrine. These were very bad when I was on nortriptyline for a month last year, even though I was put on it supposedly for nerve pain. Be careful, if you describe what you are experiencing as 'nerve pain' then the first thing many doctors think of are tricyclics like amitriptyline/nortripytline, but in my experience this class of drug made these symptoms much worse, as well as increasing my tachycardia/BP greatly.

Hi.

Its migth sound like well i dont know the english Word for it. But i have it many in my arm and feet. Bit at times all over the body.There are meds that can help. Have u a doktor u can Ask for help or gett to Write a presciption? For me i cant take the meds, but it got better during the pregnancy. Best of luck:)

Thanks so much for your responses! I honestly don't know what I would have done if I hadn't have found this forum!

The burning sensations finally stopped sometime later in the morning. It was awful! Something weird..... as long as I sat still I could feel the burning, but as soon as I would get up and air would hit my skin I would get goosebumps. It was so strange. I don't know that I have ever had that happen before.

I so hope I can get some rest tonight. Night time is horrible for me right now. I haven't slept through the night in weeks!