Anyone Experienced Something Similar To This:

ramakentesh

Hi

just wondering if people here have noticed that after they shower in the morning a red area of hot skin that starts above their ankle on the inside and travels up to their knee then behind their thigh?

Before my current meds id never noticed it. But since ive been on a few meds i have and ive noticed that when im pretty bad it is really red, when im well its not there at all but also weirdly, when im REALLY bad its also not there.

I asked my docs and the one that got back to me said it did not sound like small fibre neuropathy. Maybe some weird vasculitis?

Does the water run on your leg more there then any where else? If so, it could be your skins reaction to the pressure of the water hitting your skin. I sit to shower and the water hits me in the chest and on my ab. I have that sort of look from the water hitting my skin. Some would associate this with MCAS - as it is sort of like dermatographia.

Issie

I get strange red streaks on the inside area of my knee and mostly only on one side. It runs for about 8inches. I was aware of this even before I knew i had pots. It is in lines and I noticed it first on holiday in Portugal where it is hotter than home. I think i only get it when i am hot and in the shower.

I don't get it on my legs but for the last 2 months, when I shower I get a red/pink rash that starts on my chest and crawls up my neck and face. It feels hot like its radiating heat. It doesn't matter if the water is hot or cold or if I use products or just stand under the water and then get out with no products used. My immunologist looked at the pics I took and said its a vascular dilation reaction being caused by my mcas. Don't know if that gives you any help.

Separately, I get a reticulated rash on my thighs if I sit in my jeans in direct sunlight for too long even if its not hot outside. If you Google "reticulated rash" you can find several rashes I hadn't seen before (and I'm rashy so I've looked at lots of rash pics). This is also being attributed to vascular reactivity from mcas.

Thanks guys yeah its pretty weird alright. Never though about MCAD. Im trying to get a QSART first and then will explore that possibility. They both sound quite similar:

Its basically a hot to touch area of skin vasodilation that is specific to an area about one inch thick that travels from the inside of my ankles to my knees than around the back of my thigh. I also get a little on my chest sometimes as well.

i have constant blushing on my sternum or clavical area and sometimes up my kneck, it never entirely goes away but is more profound at times, idk why. sometimes i break out in a slight rash too by my neck. I am not dx'd with mcad but found that h1's and h2's helped out immensly with tinnitus and tingly feet and hands symptoms and if I don't take them my pots symtoms are worse. of course it is redder when out of hot bath or shower but for me touching sensation I don't experience any pain.

I haven't had that rash, but since Pots, it seems like various ones keep turning up. (dermatograhia, urticaria, spots with loss of pigment, etc). I'd love to stop finding new ones :)

Katie, I get that net like rash from sun (through clothing) too. Thanks for putting a name to it. I looked up the images of rashes. Yikes! There are some nasty rashes out there!!

I only have cool showers and, occasionally, cool baths as I can't tolerate heat and my skin on various parts of my body will redden.

I also can't tolerate heated swimming pools.

I live in t-shirts and light clothing in winter (I'm in Australia and although we don't have extremely cold days where I live I will notice other people all rugged up on the street and i'll be in t-shirt and light weight pants.

When it comes to water -- for me it's to do with the temperature and the force of the shower. Hence, gentle cool showers most days. Something I was doing even before I had recognized what was happening to me.

I need a thermometer to run my grandsons' bath because they'd be sitting in cold water apparently. I can't hold my hand in their bath water for more than a few moments and when I do it turns red and hot.

A cool swim at the beach will make me feel wonderful, most times. A cool shower often makes me feel better for a short time. It seems to help with my skin and with my other potsy feelings as well.

But I was told never to have a cold shower as this will cause core body temperature to fall and then the body will fight to raise it again and will often overheat a bit for a while. Making me feel worse. Off the point a bit I know but it's a point where temperature, water and skin problems all tie in. I am so glad today is the last day of summer here in Australia. I know it will be hot for a while longer but the cold weather is in sight. Yeah! Sorry for you guys in the northern hemisphere who,like me, do worse in summer with their pots.

blue