Anyone Planned A 5K Run To Benefit Dysautonimia?

megsmit6

I have been involved in the organization of a couple of runs. Good luck with planning the event. Sometimes it takes a few years for these runs to gain mass popularity, but it is essential that the event is well organized so that early participants spread the word. This same idea has crossed my mind a couple of times over the past few months. Unfortunately I have stopped running but have hope that I will be able to do shorter runs again.

I am part of a planning committee for a run/walk at my school for another disability. Let me know if you want any info or help based off what we are doing. Along with the run/walk we also have a pancake breakfast thing, silent auction, etc. I wasn't at the school when they did it the first time but it was a huge success then and is expected to be a big hit again.

Where are you planning to donate the money? I am planning to donate to the hospital that has been treating me. They have a POTS research program there and I have participated in a few of their studies. I don't know if thats the best place though.

Also I was going to use one of these websites that allow you to set up personal donation pages. There are so many though, its kind of overwhelming. If anyone has experience using those websites and can suggest a good one that would be helpful.

I am thinking of running in one. I do not know about planning one, sorry. Running drastically lowers the difference between my standing and lying HR as evidenced by the ability to taper my Propranolol from 80 LA twice a day to 2.5 twice a day. ( Started yesterday. ) By the way that is 4-5 of those little round white dots from the big capsule that I have to transfer to smaller gel caps.

Sometimes I wonder if it is just the taper and the running does not have to do with it, but when I miss the running, like missing 2 weeks while sick with cold/flu this winter, my HR difference lying to standing immediately started to creep back up, requiring more B-blocker. I also notice that when my HR goes very high running it seems to help the most.