Eat Gluten Free-No Celiac Disease

Jacquie802

I tested negative for celiac disease; would I still benefit by eating gluten free items or should I save my money?

I don't know the answer but I don't have celiac and am still going to try to go gluten free for a month to see if any symptoms abate. Mostly hoping migraines go away and maybe some relief of fatigue.

I am not going to buy tons of GF packaged foods as I know they will have other ingredients that could bother me, but rather just eat proteins, veggies, rice and oatmeal.

For anyone on the forum who is gluten free- how long does it take to notice positive effects and what can we expect?

Its going to be a change, but it sounds like it can be worthwhile for many.

Yes, even if you don't have celiac, you could have gluten ataxia, gluten sensitivity/intolerance, etc. I suggest trying it, I am currently trying it myself. It's only been a few days so I can't tell a difference just yet. Like LMG says, still, don't waste the money on pre-packaged GF breads and such unless you really like sandwiches or something For me, I don't, but i do like burritos and so instead of flour shells, i switch to corn shells. there are lots of tricks and switches. I don't know very much but i know a lot of people on here do know, so hopefully they will write you as well.

I also want to know how long before most people started seeing positive results from their GF diet?

Good luck Jacquie!

I stopped feeling jittery 24\7 after 24 hours. My narcolepsy was gone in 7 - 10 days. BUT I didn't start

walking normally for one whole year. Then it took another year for me to feel healthy at rest. I was eating

gf processed foods tho.

Imho, you're more likely to see a difference if you go to a paleo type diet. Organic meats, fruits and veggies.

Otherwise you'll still be getting chemicals you may have problems with. This will reduce your cytokine

levels too.

Eta. If you google cfs cytokines prohealth you'll find a great article on this.

You can sparingly add gf foods back in

after you've detoxed from the foods you had problems with. Although everytime I try this these foods

make me feel bad.

Theglutenfile and www.glutenfreeandbeyond.org are good references for gf info. Tc .. D

I do like sandwiches too and hadn't thought about the corn tortillas. But again, I think we have to be carefuel about eliminating one food and adding in another that could be a problem.

So Dizzy's advice seems really really good to me. Paleo might be the simplest and easiest. Just feel pretty hungry but going to give it a month. On day 3!!

Good Luck Jacquie and Tracie!! and are you all eating oats? Feel like I need a bit of a carb, other than rice

Lauren

Even tho not technically allowed on the paleo diet, I eat white potatoes sometimes. I crave

them about once a month. So I'll eat one or two to satisfy my craving.

Healthy fats and meats keep me feeling full.

Oatmeal even the gf one gives many celiacs problems. The non gf ones have been shown to be

heavily cross contaminated with gluten.

If you have a celiac or gluten intolerant support group near you, you might benefit from going

to some of their meetings. I was surprised at how many people had symptoms like me.

Tc .. D