How Often Do You Urinate Would You Say?

lukgar1

I was curious about how often everyone urinates? My potassium, magnesium, and sodium are slightly low and I'm a little concerned with how often I urinate drinking only 8 cups of water a day that I might be losing too much electrolytes. I eat bananas and prunes. Anyone have the same issues?

Frequent urination is a very typical symptom of autonomic dysfunction. On my good days I might go 5 times the whole day. On a bad day it might be every 45 Minutes....I have had it as frequently as every 1/2 hour when I was having a bad day and also had to take my migraine abortive Med because it also causes frequent urination.

A lot! I have actually asked my doctor several times if it was normal I would say at least every 2-3 hours maybe longer on a good day and like Katybug probably every 30 mins to an hour on a bad day and at least 1 x a night good day and more on a bad day. My husband is convinced I have a bladder the size of a pea.... My doctor has suggested more salt to help increase water retention and has advised to make sure to eat foods higher in potassium and magnesium, I also take a vitamin that contains magnesium.

I agree with the others. A LOT! I don't actually have this symptom all the time, but at it's worst, I might go every 15-30 minuets. Before I knew this was a symptom of POTS it completely freaked me out. A strange thing about me when I do this (not sure if others do) is that it will be COMPLETELY clear. No color what so ever.

A LOT. Typically once every 1-2 hours during the day then once or twice in the night on good days, some times once every 40 min on bad days. I know i've been preaching this high and low across this board but SMARTWATER has been a total godsend when it comes to frequent urination. not even prescription vesicare for overactive bladder helps like drinking smart water. Its expensive but it is has magnesium potasium and calcium chloride electrolytes and for some reason it is the ONLY fluid (besides Owater which is the same thing only cheaper and not made by glaceau) that my body actually retains and I am able to go hours longer without trips to the bathroom. I highly recommend it!

I feel like I have to go a lot too, mine also is often clear. I also never drink as much fluids as I should and still feel the bladder pressure and I don't like the idea that if I drink more I'd never leave the bathroom. I seem to get rid of my fluids rather quickly. I don't salt load because I'm hyper pots.

I too also drink smartwater pre, during and post infusion, which I get once a month for cvid.

If you have a costco near you they have the liter size for less then a $1 a bottle, in multipack. I'm going to have to see if I too, actually pee less when I'm drinking it.

I pee ALOT, also. I go about 1xhour for the first half of the day, then about 1xevery2hours for the second half of the day. I also get up once a night. What amazes me is I can get up at 2 a.m. to pee, do not drink anything at that time, and when I get up around 6:30, I will pee like I had a full bladder! Where does it come from if I'm not drinking for the last 9 hours??

All the time. I need a GPS for all the bathrooms that are wheelchair friendly. Many are not ; (

I feel much better knowing this is common amongst us POTSies. It's no fun going to the bathroom so much. Funny story, I went to see Titanic last year with a friend and got into an argument with some pre-teens over blocking their view when I went to the bathroom. I couldn't help it! Couldn't find any end seats. Have any of you had reoccurring bladder infections? I've had a few. Thanks for the responses.

A lot! About every 1-2 hours, more when I'm nervous or having an adrenaline surge. I was in rural TN last fall with my family building a house, and it was awful because there was of course no plumbing, and the nearest bathroom was at the only restaurant in the area 20 mins away. I just kept apologizing for my "enlarged prostate" and "being an old man" (I'm female btw :P ) and brought back hot chocolate for everyone as an apology for bailing on the work sometimes when I went, ha!

I've had one bladder infection and it was no fun at all.