Has Anyone Developed An Addiction To Chewing Ice? Lol

It just came out of the blue one day, all of a sudden I had the urge to chew ice,,and I'm talking all day long every day,,as in fill up a large mixing bowl with ice and just chomp chomp chomp. It's like an addiction, a need.

I googled it and learned it's called PICA, and is usually caused by an iron deficiency. I had my iron checked and it was fine. The doctor said it could possibly be any number of vitamin deficiencies.

Just curious if anyone else has had this?

One of my friend's daughters chewed ice all the time and it was supposedly because of an iron deficiency. Although if yours checked out ok, then I don't know what to tell you. My daughter takes an iron supplement because of anemia, although she doesn't chew ice. I, myself years ago was anemic and I don't even use ice, drives my hubby nuts! He doesn't understand how I can drink fluid at room temp. Go figure??? No two people are the same, and good thing too, or our world would be quite boring :) Hope you find out your cause, maybe see if you're deficient in any other vitamins?