Delayed Gastric Emptying

I was wondering if anyone knows if Delayed Gastric Emptying (gastroparesis) could be caused by POTS. I think I aquired them at the same exact time since I didn't have either before Aug 23, 04. I looked at the symptoms site and found slow gastric emptying as a symptom of POTS. So I was wondering if anyone knows if I get POTS undercontrol (meds, fluids, exercise) could that also help with GP? Well I'm definitely going to try and hold on to that as my HOPE.

I'd also like to say thank you for all your responses. I wish I could give you guys good advise but I'm new to all this so I don't have any yet but you are all in my daily prayers.

Dayna

• 2 weeks later...

I had my first onset of symptoms in Aug of 2003 and had an abnormal GET in Nov of 2003. Do you have nausea? I had a normal GET in March 04, but we think that test was nil because the whole time one of the leads was stuck to the floor-- what the? I think it is Pots, but I've posted the same question just now. When I've felt better with Pots symptoms (I've named them "static"), the gastroparesis seems to be less severe. So it would seem that they are correllated...

I am 40 and have had autonomic dysfunction since early childhood, probably since birth.

I have gastroparesis, and while it can be it's own problem, I believe, as do my doctors, that mine is a direct result of my autonomic problems.

Miralax is the only thing that helps me, although I have friends who swear by other meds like Zelnorm, or Domiperdone. Miralax promotes peristalsis.

Nina