How Does The Changing Weather Affect You?

looneymom

Just wondering if you feel worse after a weather change. In Oklahoma this last weekend, the temperatures dropped and it was rainy. Also had a hard freeze on Monday. My son started shaking worse and he complains that he hurts all over. The same thing happened this last summer when it turned really hot. If the weather changes affect you, what seems to make you feel better?

I actually think the cool spurts we've been having in the mornings here has helped me a bit. When I'm hot and sweaty, I feel agitated and can't breathe well. I know it's different for everyone. My mom has migraines and whenever the weather changes, she gets a really bad one as well as when there are full moons. Not sure why.

the cold makes me feel worse. especially this morning when it is rainy, cold and overcast. . the weather changes are really hard on me this year. seems to be getting worse but mabe i am just getting to be a big old baby ha ha . Any way not looking forward to winter here in wisconsin!~kim

For me, the cold is ok. I can't function or think when I'm hot. But I think it's the changes from going inside where it's warm to outside where it's cold that gets me. It's like a shock to my system. When it's gloomy, rainy, first starts to change temps, I have horrible pain all over, migraines, and my stomach flares. It's going to be a rough winter. We live with my husband's parents and his dad has a wood burning stove in the living room. That keeps the house around 80 degrees and it's just too warm for me.

The barometer drops and so do I...to the floor.

Any change in weather makes me flare and I feel exactly like your son describes.

The cold makes my muscles cramp and tense up and I have tremors from that. I dont know what to suggest other than trying to maintain a consistent body temperature. Going from hot to cold or cold to hot can induce syncope for me. If I'm somewhere climate controlled I still feel terrible, but at least I'll still be conscious.

Weather changes bring on a bad crash for me at times. I used to think this was a load but after careful observation I see that there is a pattern.

The other two types of illnesses that are effected by similar weather changes are inflammatory/cytokine mediated diseases like r.arthritis and migraine. it could also just be higher allergens causing increase histamine release.

I hate winter. I can never warm up, so I love to go outside in the summer and feel the warm sun on my skin (while getting some vitamin D! :)). Also, i'm always catching colds or the flu which wrecks havoc on top of POTS.

I am not getting as much sun as I need. I'm on Vit. D3 supplements because my 25-Hydroxy test was low in April. My levels are normal now, but I still take 5,000 IU of it daily, doctor's order. I'm always hot and cold, switching between the two. I've read where chills and overheating are symptoms of POTS. Someone told me today that there's something wrong with me because I am in short sleeves and it's in the 50s. I just said it's dysautonomia.