Anyone Resent People Asking

gertie

I don't know what's wrong with me. I just want to get away from everything. I have a small family & love them very much but for some reason sometimes it makes me angry when I'm asked to do the least little thing. It seems I don't have the strength to take care of myself much less worry about anyone else. I thought when we got old someone would want to do for us. Why am I so hateful & selfish? Maybe I'm in that second childhood I've always heard about. LOL!

I just felt like this last night. When you feel like we do the last thing you want to do is the dishes or clean the bird cage or whatever. I try to do stuff anyway though because it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing things. On some days though really all I can do is sit or lie down.

You're not hateful and selfish, hon, you're living with a chronic illness and that's highly stressful. Maybe chat to a counsellor, or even a random telephone helpline, and get some of the stress off your chest in a way that's directed at someone who volunteered for the job rather than your family? Are there some nice pampering things you can do for yourself?

Thanks Batik, I've so much physically going wrong with my body now I think I'm just generally miserable. I can't take meds to

treat symptoms so must grin & bear it. It would be nice to have a counsellor but I don't think even they would understand. I can't imagine what it would be like to feel normal as I'm sure many here feel the same way.

Random virtual hugs are winging their way to you across the internet! I'm having a crappy time of it too at the moment.

Telephone helplines can be great for this sort of thing. They're sympathetic, they don't have anything invested in whether or not you can prove your illness is physical or the weird kind of stuff you can get from family or friends, you don't have to worry about burdening them or what they'll think of you. Which country are you in? I'm in the UK, so just in case you are too, you can try the Samaritans 24 hours a day on 08457 909090, or Breathing Space (who are actually professionals and funded by the NHS) from 6pm-2am and all weekend on 0800 838587. Go and have a good grumble at someone, it sounds like you need it!

Its hard for us to remember that even though they know we are "sick" they have no conception of what thats really like. And its hard to admit, but people are busy with their own live and expectations, and mostly think of themselves 90 percent of the time.

In my case,, a friend of mine went through a divorce. I had little sympathy for him, but when I myself

underwent a broken romance in my younger days it nearly was the end of me. I got so depressed that I would literally break down ---as a grown man. Only then could I comprehend what this friend had gone through and it made me feel really judgemental for a long time.

Edited by MomtoGiuliana