A Few Funny Pots Stories!

Hello all, I'm feeling cheery and wanted to share a few of my silly pots stories :)

First, POTS ain't all that bad SINCE last week I decided to do this funny leg press machine at the gym.. Stood up too fast HR went bananas, got a little lightheaded.. Kneeled down .. And to my utter surprise and sheer embarrassment a hottie mcHotsie trainer from the gym came to my rescue---yikes!!! Wish I was single!! This woulda been the perfect opportunity to meet a strong, oh so yummy! Trainer ;) instead I almost died of embarrassment!! For some reason, I keep bumping into this guy over and over again since this happened hahahaha

And, I've given my 3 year a complex! I shouldn't laugh, as I'm sure this will bite me in the bum one day. But she has a gnarly cold this week and she keeps asking me to check her heart, it's going "boom boom boom when I run" best part is that she grabs her rib cage, near her lower flank. Ahhhhhhh!!!!! I'm creating a little hypochondriac lol. (no worries she doesn't have any tachycardia ---- I checked! She just copies me right now, she always wants to wear my pulse ox and drink salt lol)

Anyway, just a few things about POTS that made me giggle this week!

Anyone else have some funnies to share??

Not sure if this is funny or just sad but I had a blood draw this week and I warned the nice lady, who had been doing the job a long, long time, that I'm hypovolemnic, hypotensive (at times), and have POTS. She just nodded, so I thought she understood. After drawing 11 vials, she told me to leave and that I would be fine, so I did. I made it to the waiting room and passed out cold. When I woke up the staff acted really weird when taking my vitals. They were tsking me about drugs, and I was confused (I didn't take my beta blocker because it was a fasting test). It turned out that when I passed out she told them I was ON pot (ie marijuana). They thought I was baked at the blood draw!

This is exactly what I hate!!!!!! You explain important information and they half listen. I do not allow more than 3 vails at a time now...and if I have blood tests I spread them out. The pots part was funny and sad too.....geeze....it is so exciting when you happen to get a competent person..but doesn't happen often.

Angelloz

These aren't about me but I always thought the were funny in the context of POTS.

I like the watch "the nanny" reruns & the mother makes me laugh.

There was one where Fran said something about being single forever and the mother yells holding her chest

"oh my, oh my, I'm having palpitations get my medicine"

Fran went into the frig on got chocolate syrup gave it to her on a spoon and then the mother

"ahh, that's better". If only that worked for us :)

Then another episode Fran went to her mothers house & the mother was eating fried chicken, Fran says

"ma, what about your diet?"

The mother: " I did 5 minutes of a Jane Fonda tape, im lightheaded"

Those stories are really funny!

I have one, similar to NMPotsie's. When I had my wisdom teeth removed I filled out that I had Pots on my paperwork. I wrote out the whole name then put "Pots" in parenthesis after it. I also mentioned it to the dental assistant. She nodded (which I took to mean she might not know what it was but didn't want to say) so I asked if she was familiar with it because it's not something she probably sees regularly. She then admitted she didn't know what it was so I explained and she asked some good questions. When the oral surgeon came in he quickly looked at my paperwork, looked at me while he started to prep and said- "So you smoke Pot" and I must have looked really confused for second while I tried to figure out why in the world he was making that assumption. The dental assistant began to actually laugh at him and said Nooooo she HAS Pots, NOT smokes Pot. And then explained it all to him. He looked pretty sheepish- and just told her to make sure she was careful when I had to stand up afterwards.

When the procedure was done I made it down the hallway and into the waiting room where I got really nauseous, and almost passed out. They ended up laying me flat and giving me oxygen for a while.

I think the oral surgeon felt really bad after all the "excitement" in his office because he called me at home less than an hour later to check on how I was doing. I also have a suspicion that after I left he looked up what the heck Pots was because during that call he was much better informed about what I should do during recovery "to try and not make my condition worse".

That's great, CJ. At least she didn't say "oh yeah, lemme hook you up." My mom is German and her translations into English aren't always so good. When I was acting cheeky in high school she asked me, in front of all my friends, "Are you on the pot?" I was endlessly tormented about that. People would say "I called but you didn't answer; guess you were on the pot."

I made a brief appearance at a family reunion today. In hindsight, I shouldn't have gone because I was feeling awful, but I attempted to do it for my family. No one at the reunion other than my immediate family know that I'm sick. Anyway, I was sitting, rather sloth-like in a chair with my feet up on another, shoveling potato chips into my mouth hoping the salt will help, when an unknown relative came to look at pictures that were on the table beside me. My son loves to chat and also likes to indirectly inform people about my illness - only he sometimes forgets what it sounds like to others. So, he said "oh, I guess you're not going to play baseball, Mom, because you're a POThead". Well this woman tucked her head down further seemingly to pretend she didn't hear, but she clearly heard him. My mother and sister and I were so surprised by what he said that we didn't have an immediate way to clarify it. Well, when the woman walked away, we had a good laugh about it. I left shortly after, but told my mother that she might want to clarify.