Excited, Finally Pregnant!!!!

jlmahon

I am soooooo overjoyed right now. My husband and have been wanting a baby for 4 years and I was worried I was running out of time. We were just getting ready to fill out adoption paperwork. I'm only 5 weeks, but so far so good. Interestingly, my heart rate and bp have been really stable. If anything, my bp has been on the higher side.

Has anyone here felt better throughout pregnancy?

For those of you who can exercise, did you continue to exercise through pregnancy?

Congratulations! I went through infertility and never concieved, so I know what a big deal this is for you.

I recently found out that I had a defective gene that was contributing to the infertility and early pregnancy loss. That gene is called the MTHFR gene and I had homozygous highest risk form. Considering you've had a hard time getting pregnant, I would have your doctor check that, it is also found to cause spina bifida and neural tube. So your doctors should know about it, if they haven't already checked it. My cardiologist is the one who ran the test on me as it is also associated with cardiovascular disease.

The gene is missing the enzyme that processes folate and b12, both of which are very important during pregnany. Classic folate supplements are not able to be converted. It is easy to bypass the defect by taking the active forms of folate and b12, which are the methly forms.

methylfolate and methyb12 You can google mthfr and read about it.

My best to you during your pregnancy, take it easy in these first few months.

Congratulations Hanna! I'm very happy for you :) . My husband and I went through 4 years of infertility as well and applied for adoption. When I got the call (after the year long adoption process) telling us that we were approved, I had a really strong emotional reaction when I got off the phone (crying; doubting myself, etc). I had long since given up on the fertility drugs, so I thought those wide swings were over until I, surprisingly, found out a few days later that I was pregnant.

I hope things go well for you!

Congrats!! I am currently 18 weeks along and feeling pretty good. I felt like crap without any energy during the first trimester but a lot better in the second. I am not currently exercising other than taking my dog for a short walk occasionally because my heart rate seems to be higher with pregnancy. I dont' necessarily feel better with pregnancy but I can't complain either because my symptoms seem to be stable. Get lots of rest when needed!

Congratulations! Best wishes for a healthy and symptom free (or light) pregnancy!

I didn't feel well during the first trimester this last time around, but things improved when my blood volume increased in the second trimester, and I felt pretty normal for the rest of the pregnancy with just a few POTSy days (in comparison to my first pregnancy, before I had POTS - I still felt huge and pregnant but not slowed down by POTS). I was basically on bed rest during the first trimester due to my inability to get upright and then resumed exercise for the second and the first part of the third trimester. I think I quit doing real workouts around 34 weeks but I still tried to go for 2 mile walks.