Anyone Have Any Experience With Biofeedback?

Just wondering if anyone has had biofeedback or knows someone who has had biofeedback and what it helped and what it didn't.

Thanks

I have. I think it's a nice tool to have and everyone's experience with it is going to be different just like and medication or treatment.

It can be really relaxing. It can help with headaches and pain, at least it has some for me. some people have a wonderful heart rate response where it lowers there heart rate.

It takes an awful lot of concentration.

Biofeedback helped me get off all POTS meds and start moving again. I practiced yoga for about a year and was able to start walking a little (was using an electric scooter for more than a block). I went to see Dr. Kyprianou for two weeks in December. I no longer take beta blokers, pain meds, or gastic motility meds. I can walk/jog for >20 minutes, ride my bike, hike and swim. I beleive biofeedback helped me get over a huge POTS hurdle. I still have symptoms, but I can manage them now and they are not nearly as debilitating as they were before...

I also visited Dr Kyprianu in Dallas for the two week program. During the two weeks there I didn't have any major symptom reduction. If I want to try really hard to find something, my digestion and bowel movements seemed a bit more normal. I've had IBS for years. I also thought about sex (sorry if TMI), but I never did before! Poor hubby! ;)

After coming home I only did the at home equipment for about a week. My grandma passed suddenly and we had a major move at the same time, so I quit practicing the biofeedback. Now that things have settled, I have been back doing the at home equipment for a week and ahalf almost every day. I do seem to be sleeping better. My attitude and approach right now is that it can't hurt and can probably be beneficial in general even if it doesn't increase my standing time. I use it as ONE of my tools to try and recover along with other things such as exercise, chiropractic, salt/fluids,maybe meds etc. It is a great stress reducer and we all know how stressful this illness can be. The mind is a very powerful thing, so for me anytime I can sit for an hour just focusing on breathing, relaxing and positive thoughts has to be great for the mind, body and spirit.

Exercise when done consistently does more to improve my ability to do things like drive, go to restaurants, etc so I'm hoping the two together will grant me even more.

I use biofeedback every day. I think it further helps pots symptoms by reducing stress. It's hard though, to imagine that you are feeling good even though you aren't. At first I used my pulse oximeter to do this, now I can tell without it. The worst things I have found for pots this far is stress and or panic.