Anxiety So Bad I Am To The Point I Am Afraid To Walk

Does anyone have or ever had anxiety about walking, I am scared to get out of bed after 5 months due to anxiety and not knowing how my body will act standing and walking after all this time, so i find myself just waiting for all the symptoms to go away before i walk, well its not working the days have turned into weeks then to months, I think I am stuck here. Does anyone have any advice or had a similar situation? The last time took a few steps I thought I was going to die so obviously that scared me enough not to want to do it again. I am hoping I will just know when I can try again.

For me it seemed that the longer I was sedentary the worse I was. I had to move to break the cycle. If you are medically stable then try sitting for short bouts for instance 1min every hour. Increase to standing for 10 seconds once an hour. Walk 3 steps along the length of your bed. 5x per day. All possible starting points and progression examples. Also remember to breath throughout your trials. I think the key is to start somewhere and don't give up. I know we all hate the ER....but if you really can't sit then you could try an ambulance ride to the ER, being admitted then possibly discharged to a rehab center. Maybe get your doc to write you a script for home care physical therapy if you don't want to try the ER route. Then you can have supervised progression. That helps with confidence and anxiety. I can only imagine that staying down seems to make getting up that much harder. Post your achievements to they can be celebrated among people who understand where you coming from and how hard it is. Good luck.

Hippy-- I can really relate to you. My anxiety has been my worst symptom, I can remember when I was in the hospital for a week, I wouldn't get out of bed b/c my hr would shoot up to 140! I was so scared, and although my hr didn't exactly bother me.. My mind got carried away, I worried worried

That if I pushed myself I would end up having a heart attack or something crazy! I understand fear and anxiety can be so disabling. I started and SSRI and that pulled me out of my hole. It helped a lot with my symptoms too.. My HR is slower, I don't worry so much, my blood pressure doesnt fluctuate etc. I really think its all about baby steps and confidence also. I was scared to carry my babies :( or walk up to get the mail, but little victories made me see that I would be okay.. Slowly but surely I have worked up to running at the gym :) hopefully you'll be feeling well enough to create your own victories! Good luck :)