Pots And Employment

Congratulations! My tip would be to adjust your chair so that so can cross your legs, sit on a leg, bend your legs up under your butt, etc, without hitting the keyboard tray or desk bottom, to reduce blood pooling. I think you have pooling, since I've seen you talk about compression socks on other posts. Good luck!!!

Congrats! And my advice is:

-Don't push yourself to hard. I find if I push myself to do something, I feel worse. So just relax and know that there's no pressure.

-Take it slow, put your legs straight at times to prevent pooling.

-If you get nausea, I recommend sea bands. (it's like pressure point bracelets, and they go in between your two tendants on your arms. It prevents nausea very well!) They are life savers for me!

Good luck!

Kayla, 10

Congrats on the new gig! I find that heading outside for a few minutes a couple times a day really helps--gets you away from the noise (I'm in a fairly noisy office) and the fluorescent lights...lets you slow down a bit, take a deep breath and gear up for the remainder of the day....also, stay away from the ubiquitous office offerings of cupcakes, candy, cookies, etc! :)

Congrats on your job! I agree with the above suggestions. Here is my suggestions since I have a desk job. Make sure you have a good chair to sit in and do isometrics a few times a day at your desk during the day. Get a small refrigerator or keep a cooler with items to keep you hydrated and prevent nausea. I keep extra medication in my desk. I keep a blanket and sweaters in my office with the change in temperature. I also have a space heater if I get cold even use it in the summer if need be. I also keep the lighting down as the flourescents bother my eyes by having some of them removed. I continue to wear support thigh high hose and keep my rollator walker close by in case I get tired. The most important thing I found is finding someone to bond with at work. I am fortunate to have a great group of staff that understands what I have and helps me throughout the day if I am feeling weak, tired and symptomatic. They are good listeners too :). Good Luck and keep us posted.

ive worked full time for years with POTS. bad days are a struggle - try licorice and if really desperate I got caffeine... Some days you just have to push through and its hard but remember that everyone cannot tell you are unwell by looking at you unless you make it obvious... I just go chill out in the toilet and usually i feel better. if you have an specific problems pm me and I can try and help.

Lemons,

I am back to work. I find sitting is of course better than standing, and of course salty snacks and fluids. But I find walking around a bit frequently helps me. Usually others appreciate it as I end up walking somewhere as part of the job, and it gets the blood moving.

Congratulations on your job.

Good job! I use an exercise ball in place of my chair for 10 or 15 minutes at a time throughout the day. It helps work those abs and keep the blood squeezed out of your feet. I also keep a foot stool so I can raise my feet when on the phone or other activities that don't require facing forward. Do get up and walk around as much as possible, but also try to get your feet above your heart (or at least flat) for a few minutes at a time to restore blood flow to your brain. When I lay down a few minutes at lunch (ie in your car with feet on dash and seat back) it really helps the afternoon brain fog stay away.