Just A Thought

GingerA

Maybe I am just having crazy thoughts because I am not sleeping well but. . .

Wouldn't it be nice to have POTS cookbook like they have for other health issues? I never know what to eat and then I too tired to figure it out so I end up eating something I shouldn't. I wish I just had a planned out list to go by in time of mental fatigue.

Yes I agree!

I had been studying (in my free time, not school) nutrition and specifically the vegan diet and it's health effects. I know many diseases are greatly improved/healed with a specific diet-- generally heavy on organic vegetables fruit and whole grains-- whether that's vegan, g-free or whatever-- avoiding the standard American diet of highly processed food proves to be helpful pretty much always.

I've been curious about diet relating to pots-- Ive seen to avoid alcohol, dairy, and large meals. I believe some have said to avoid refined flours/sugar?

I was vegan when pots hit, now eat dairy and eggs but would like to wean myself off and go back to vegan. Has anyone looked into diet and nutrition for pots? Has anyone noticed on their own what may help/hurt? I definitely notice I need small meals and that large ones make me feel worse.

Dr sarah myhill, cfs expert in uk, recommends the paleo diet for her patients. Then there's dr terry wahls diet that she used to help her ms.

I haven't seen a pots diet but if you look on the web for chronically ill related diet, you'll see most people recommending that gluten, dairy and soy should be avoided. If that doesn't work, move onto a paleo diet. The reason being that the nutrients in meats are easily absorbed.

I prefer wahls because of the emphasis on variety and fruits and veggies. She has recipes but googling paleo recipes will get many more.

Tc .. X

Here is the site where Dr. Terry Wahls talks at a Ted Ex conference. She was confined to a wheelchair with MS. I have a lot of MS symptoms with dysautonomia. Since I have been taking several supplements that are made in the mitochondria of our cells, and of course eaten a more healthy diet, I have felt so much better. I have increased energy, and am able to live a more full life. It's been about a year since my diagnosis, and because I have had so much time to do research, I believe this woman is right on the mark. Thanks, Dizzy....Listen to her...Joy, Kim

Oh that would be so nice to know what I could eat (that I would want to eat too) that would help with my condition. I've tried different things but haven't felt a difference might try going completely gluten free and limit dairy because I think my condition and all of the meds I take are taking a toll on my poor digestive system. I can't wait to look up some of these new diet ideas. Thanks!